Chapter 13

One Month Later

Well, nothing still hasn't happened involving the Delta, so it's safe to say that we're safe at least from them.

Javier and his other 2 member decided to head off and find Kate. I didn't recommend because it's been a while since he lost her, but you never know. I would've went, but let's just say... Clementine didn't want me to go and she's a very persuasive person.

Anywho, it's quiet right now, no walkers, no raiders, just peacefulness. Almost like before the walkers.

It was my turn on watch and it's rather boring. I hear someone climbing up and I look down and see Clementine.

Once she got up she walked over and sat next to me. "Nothing?" She asked.

"Nothing." I simply replied, putting the binoculars down. "It's just quiet, no walkers or anything. Makes me feel like the good old days."

She smiles and leans her head on to my shoulder. I wrap one arm around her. "It's nice not hearing groans ever five seconds."

I chucked. "You're telling me, but it's kinda scary though."

"Oh?"

"I'm not saying it's bad that it's quiet. It's just- I can't remember the last time I heard quietness like this, you know?"

Clementine frowns. "I really wish things could be different, I keep imagining things if 'it' didn't happened."

"I would've never met you. I would've never had all these amazing friends. Only upside to all this shit." I joked, trying to make her feel better.

She smiled. "Good answer, I would say the same."

There was a few minutes of silence.

"How do you think Louis and Aasim are doing?" Clementine asked.

"Eh, I hope they're alright. They are going way way far out the 'safezone'. I hope they're back soon. It's been a few days."

"The 'safezone' is really dry, huh?"

"Yep, literally nothing left. I even checked."

"Fuck. That's worrisome."

I held her tight. "We'll figure something out, but for now, let's hope they bring a lot back."

She smiles and closes her eyes in my arms. "We should clean up the greenhouse. Set up some vegetables and fruits."

I chuckled. "Is there even any seeds?"

"I don't know. I hope there's apple seeds."

"Why because you love apples?" She nods. "But your name is Clementine." I joked and she playfully punches my arm. "Idiot."

Ruby then climbs up the watch tower. "My turns up already?" I asked. "Yeah, off you two go."

"Good. I was bored." I sat up and start climbing down. "Hey!" I heard Clementine whine.

"You made me less bored."

She giggles. "I better have."

"Well, what now?"

AJ runs up to me. "How about you show me those tricks you mentioned awhile back?"

I chuckled. "Sure, buddy. Let me see your arms." He puts him arms in front of him and I grab them. "Ready?" He nods as I start spinning around and he starts 'flying'.

It goes for a few minutes before I started to get sick. "Alright, let's stop!" I slowed down and sat AJ down. He was having a giggling fit and I tried to go to a table, but end up falling down, causing Clementine to giggle.

"I forget how dizzy that makes you." I admitted

"You're really good with kids, you know that?"

"What are trying to imply?" I said with an eyebrow raised. She blushes and shakes her head. "N-nothing! I was just saying!"

I chuckled. "I know. The thought of it is nice, but uh, yeah. I don't think I'm ready for that type of responsibility yet." I winked which causes her to blush more.

"What are you two talking about?" AJ asked. I chuckled and ruffle his hair. "You'll find out when you're older."

Just then, the gates slam open and Louis and Aasim run in, they're both panting hard. I quickly ran up to them.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

Aasim takes a couple of hard breaths before replying. "There's a big ass herd on the way, it's not near, but it's headed in our direction."

My eyes widen as I looked at Louis. "Is this a joke?" He shakes his head, still panting.

"Fuck."

-------------

A/N: 2,000 views I appreciate it! Also sorry for the short chapter, this was just to set up for future ones.

Also, please stay safe everyone. Make sure to wash your hands, don't touch your face, etc.