Chapter 9

I woke up once again in the familiar- actually non-familiar  looking dark room, but I had a half naked Clementine in my arms.

Last night was amazing, felt good to forget about this world for a second.

Clementine then wakes up and stretches, she ends up hitting the helmet that was still on my head.

"Huh. Forgot I still had this on." I chuckled.

"Ow!" She said sarcastically. "Why do you still have that stupid thing on?"

"Because the helmet stayed on!"

"What does that even mean?"

"Eh you wouldn't get it." I laugh.

"God, why are you such a dork?" She giggles as she sits in my lap and puts her head on my chest.

"Because that's why you love me?" I said with smirk.

She looks up at my eyes. "There's a lot of things I love about you, but yes that's one of them." She giggles as she gives me a quick but passionate kiss.

"Last night was amazing, Y/N. I'm happy that my first time was with you." She said snuggling into my chest again.

"Same here. I couldn't think of anyone else I rather have my first time with. I love you, Clem." I said stroking her hair.

"I love you too, Y/N." She said, her voice muffled from having her face in my chest.

"Word of advice though? Quiet it down next time eh?" I said with a cocky grin.

She looks up again, her face red as a tomato. "There's not gonna be a next time if you're gonna act like that! And it's not my fault you were so good." She said trying to sound pissed, but failing.

"You saying there will be a next time if I be good?"

"Maybe." She giggled.

"Well a maybe is always better than no! Well, in certain cases." I laughed.

She giggles once more. "You idiot."

"So are we gonna plan today or 'plan' today?" I said, doing air quotes on the second 'plan'.

She laughs. "We're gonna actually plan. Javi and the other two should have gotten some rest and a good meal, so I think now's the time."

"Yeah, fair enough." I said before noticing that weren't in Clementine's room. "Where are we anyway?"

"Oh just a vacant room that I've seen nobody use. I didn't want AJ walking in on us." She explained

"Good, cause I'm not explaining that shit! But wouldn't AJ be worried that you didn't show up to your room last night?"

"Nope because I told him to sleep in Tenn's old room for the night." She giggled.

"So you planned this?"

"Maybe."

Wow what a sneaky little- wait. "How come we're in this room and not yours then?"

She looks down in thought. "Huh. I don't know, guess I was caught up in the moment and didn't realize."

We both burst out laughing.

"Well I'm gonna go out to the courtyard, you coming?" I asked.

"Nah, I'm gonna stay here for a bit." She said as she gets off me.

"Alright, when you leave, make sure to put on a shirt and bra. As much as I love seeing you shirtless, no one else should." I laughed.

"Oh fuck you!" She giggles as I left the room.

------------------

As I entered the courtyard, I felt a cool breeze go through my hair. It felt fucking amazing. It's still early out, the sun is barley peaking out. It's around dawn I would assume.

I walked over and sat at a table. Doesn't seem like anyone else is awake to talk to so I just put my head in my arms and just started thinking.

Man everything would be as perfect as things could get if we didn't have to worry about this Delta issue. They could attack anytime now.

"Hey man. Had a long night? Because it sure as hell sounded like it." I look up and see Javi giving me a shit-eating grin.

"What do you mean 'it sure as hell sounded like it'? I asked, knowing damn well what he means.

He laughs. "C'mon Y/N, do you even know how loud Clementine was? Like jeez man, I could barley sleep."

Yep, knew it. "O-oh you uh heard all that eh?" I said, nervously scratching my neck.

"Oh yeah, I for sure did." He chuckled.

"I'm uhh sorry about uhh that?"

"I'm just fucking with you man, it's cool. I'm happy for you man, you finally found the 'one' huh?" He said, patting me on the back.

I smile. "Yeah, I'm sure I have. Can't think of anyone else I rather be with."

"If I'm honest, Y/N. You seemed really depressed back in Richmond. I'm guessing ever since you meet Clementine, you seem truly happy." He smiles at me.

"Yeah, I think that's a very accurate statement. Although we lost Richmond, I was able to find true happiness from it." I saw Javi look down with a frown.

"Javi, I'm glad you survived. I see you as a great father figure." I said, trying to cheer him up.

He smiles. "And I see you as a son I always wanted."

I got up and gave him a hug. "I'm sorry about Kate man. I know she's out there and I know you want to go look for her so I won't stop you. But just know, you're always welcomed to stay." I offered.

"Thank you, I really do appreciate it."

"I'm uhh I'm glad Clementine didn't hear any of that, she would beat my ass for being sappy like this." I joked and me and Javi shared a good laugh.

But, unbeknownst to you. Clementine was standing at the entrance to the dorms, crying tears of joy to everything you said about her.

-----------

A/N: Fun fact, this is one of my favorite chapters for some reason. I really enjoyed writing it :D