Chapter 12

"Do you have the DSM?"

"I've got it, sir!" I replied.

"Good, that's one less loose end!"

--------

I suddenly jolt awake, startling Clementine. I had another nightmare from before I joined Richmond.

"You alright?" She asks me.

"Yeah I'll be fine. Just another nightmare is all."

"You wanna talk about it?"

"Not right now, I'm sorry."

"Don't worry. I understand."

I then slowly got out of bed. I then noticed how bright it was outside.

"Jeez, we really slept in, huh?"

She chuckles. "Yeah, I woke up earlier, but didn't wake you because you needed as much sleep as you can get. How're you feeling?"

I laughed. "Fan-fucking-tastic!"

She giggles. "Is that sarcasm?"

"No, like, my back is feeling so much better. Maybe you should massage it more often." I wink at her.

"Only if you stop over-working yourself and actually get some sleep."

"Hmm, seems like a good deal."

"You're such a dork. Ready to go fishing?"

"It seems bright enough so, sure. Really wish I had a watch."

"Don't we all? Anyway, let's go."

We then both headed out the room and into the courtyard, AJ greets us.

"Hey, Clem! Hey, Y/N! You going anywhere?"

"Hey, kiddo. Me and Y/N are gonna go fishing."

"Cool! Can I come?"

Me and Clementine turn around. "I know I said I wanted only us to go, but I feel bad for not letting him come."

I chuckled. "I don't mind, Clem." I faced AJ and held out my hand. "Let's go get us some fish, buddy!" He then high-fives me and we ventured out to the fishing shack.

"Hey, AJ. Wanna see something cool?" I asked him and he grins. "Yeah, I do!"

I chuckled. "Alright, don't hit me." I then picked him up and put him on my shoulders.

He laughs. "Woah! Only time I've been high up is the watch tower!"

Clementine chuckles at our bonding. "You're seem to be good with kids, you know that?"

"Yeah, we're like a family, you know?"

She smiles. "Yeah, and I couldn't be happier."

I smirked. "AJ want to be on Clem's shoulders?" He then looks down at her. "No." I snickered. "Oh? And why's that?"

"Because she's short compared to you."

I burst out laughing and she punches my shoulder.

"Y/N. Remember what happened in our room the morning after that night on the bell tower?"

Uh oh. "Oh? Don't think I do?" I said knowing damn well she's talking about.

She smirks at me. "Really? That's a shame, but don't worry. I'll remind you soon."

She walks past us and AJ looks down at me. "That didn't sound good." I chuckled. "You think?"

We then made it to the fishing shack. Clementine went inside it.

"Alright, kiddo. Off you go." I put him down and he pouts. I chuckled. "Don't worry, buddy. I got some other fun tricks up my sleeve."

He smiles as Clementine walks out, holding 3 spears. I walked over to the stream and examine it.

"You know, the water looks really good. I wished it tasted as good as it looks." I joked as noticed the fish swimming against the current.

"The fish are swimming against the current. This'll be easier."

Clementine handed me a spear and we started catching fish.

"You know, see all this water makes me miss swimming."

Clementine giggles. "Oh, yeah?"

"Yeah I mean, that why I always looked forward to summer. We'd always good the the pool. Ah, can't believe it was a lifetime though. I miss it."

Before I can gather my thoughts, I was pushing in to the stream. As I emerged I see Clementine laughing her ass off.

"Gah! What the hell was that for!?"

"You- you said that- that you missed it so, I though I'd reacquaint you!" She said in between her laughs.

"Jesus, this water's fucking cold! Was that payback from me calling you short?"

"Oh, god no. That was just the start."

"Swear!" AJ speaks up.

I chuckled. "Buddy. Now's really not the time." I looked back at Clementine. "Could you help me out at least?"

"Okay, fine!" She stops laughing and offers her hand, I take it and before she knows it, I pull her in with me.

"Oh, my god. It's so cold!"

I burst it out laughing. "Hey, Clem?"

"What?!"

"I made you wet." I laugh even harder as she blushes.

"That's not a funny joke!" She punches my arm.

"Joke? I don't get it." AJ speaks up.

"Oh, okay. So when a girl-"

"Don't. You. Fucking. Dare." She warns me.

"Alright jeez. I'll tell you when you're older." I said as I got out the water. I offer a hand to her and she takes it.

"We should probably head back and change." She nods in agreement and I turn to AJ. "You mind carrying the bucket?" He nods and picks it up and we head back to the school.

Once we get to the gate, Louis opens it up. "The hell happened to you two?"

I smirked. "I made her wet." I said with a wink as she blushes. "Nah, but seriously. We both feel into the stream. We're gonna go get changed."

He nods as me and Clementine went to our room.

------------

"I don't have any extra clothes." She said as she glares at me. I just chuckled. "Don't worry. I have some you can use."

"Fine."

"Here." I throw my duffel bag at her. "Pick something." She searches through it, gets some clothes and throws it back to me.

"I'll give you some privacy." I headed out the door.

"Wait!"

"Yeah?"

She walks up to me and hits me in the dick, she didn't do it hard, but it still hurt.

"Don't. Call. Me. Small."

"N-noted!"