Ally

Bold is Ezra
Normal is Connor

____________________________________

The red door swung open and a few hands patted Strike's back when he returned to the changing room. The air cleaner than the ring.

Connor walks over with a friendly smile as he held out a cold damp towel and a bottle of ice water.

"That was a pretty heated fight out there, didn't know they allowed robots like that."

____________________________________

Ezra felt like falling over when people patted his back, breathing in heavily and wiping his forehead. Next time in a fight full of flames, he really should battle with less full-body movement to save his breath.

He quickly took the towel and bottle Gavin offered him, pulling down his mask and taking a quick sip before pulling his mask back up again, slipping the towel over his shoulders.

"They have a shit ton of robots to fight," Ezra said in between exhausted breaths. "You don't know half the shit they have in store."

____________________________________

"How fun." Connor replied sarcastically before holding a hand out when he saw the other sway on his feet. "Ya wanna sit down before you pass out?

Connor took note of Strike's face when they had the mask down. Slowly piecing together connections...

"I would normally offer a ride home, but I assume y'all don't do that around here for privacy reasons." Connor threw his duffel back onto his shoulder, having already changed back into his hoodie and jeans as he watched over the other recover from their latest battle.

____________________________________

Ezra nodded as he sat down, letting out a long sigh.

"Yeah, but thanks anyway," he said with a weak laugh. "I think that's the last fight for me tonight, but I'll be staying here anyway to help clean up. Arena's not gonna clear up on it's own."

____________________________________

"Fair enough. I always assumed they had other workers to do that." With a shrug, Connor waves goodbye as he made his way to the door. "I'll see ya tomorrow. Try not to die until then!" He joked

____________________________________

"I could say the same to you," Ezra said with a laugh, waving back before drinking more of the cold water.

Now he just had to rest and wait until clean up time.