Calm Before the Storm

Bold is Ezra

Normal is Connor

_______________________

Ezra ran out of the underground fighting ring after seeing Connor getting absolutely beaten by WR400, and then getting beaten up after the fight. Warriors of the underground all have a tough shell, and barely anyone would help each other out after a rough battle, but Ezra really felt bad when nobody would step in and assist Gavin. It was a harsh world in the underground.

He looked around, calling out his name. "Gavin?" He wanted to at least comfort him.

Connor didn't react at first, his heart beating in his ears before he registered the fake name he went by.

He quickly tried to lean against a lamp post for support, knowing if he sat down he wasn't getting back up. Weakly he looks at Strike. Surprised the other had followed him from the warehouse but a little hurt knowing he didn't stepped in to help back in the changing room.

Ezra slowly approached him. "Are you alright, mate?" he asked with some concern. "I'm sorry I couldn't help you back there, I didn't know how to help."

"It's fine..." Connor wheezes out a reply, his ribs sending flames of pain with each breath while his dislocated arm hung limply by his side. "I'll be heading home... I'm good as dead anyway..."

"Are you sure you don't wanna go somewhere to fix that up?" Ezra gestured to the dislocated limb. "There's no shame in getting help, no matter how many times people may make it seem that way."

"Nah it's fine... I just really want to go home and forget everything..." he mumbled.

Exhaustion took over his rational thoughts, or was it the punches he took earlier that fucked up his brain? Either way, he wasn't in the mood to go to the hospital and explain himself and possibly blow his cover and get in even more trouble with Barstow.

He didn't know anymore, all he did know was that he also had a pounding headache that made it difficult to comprehend anything. He really fucked up...

"Alright, mate." Ezra reached out, wanting to give Gavin a comforting pat on the back but then quickly pulled it back, worried that it would just hurt the other.

"You sure you'll be fine going home alone?"

"I'm sure... Good night Ezra...."

the thought slipped out but he didn't even realize. He always thought the other looked familiar. But he was walking away before he could start another conflict.

Ezra froze up when his real name was spoken from the other. He began to worry more now that somebody knew who he really was. He wanted to approach the guy and ask how he knew, but Gavin already looked bothered and he didn't want to hurt the other more.

"G-goodnight." He hoped that the other fighter wouldn't reveal anything.