From the Shadows

Part written by Karma.

____________________

Invis was in one of the higher seats of the crowd, watching ferocious battles unfold in the arena below. Viewing such chaos from high above felt like you were a king watching knights battle it out for glory and honor. The crowd was loud even in the aftermath, where murmured conversations became deafening as various voices echoed around the underground.

A lot of the time, Invis would pull up a screen and scan all the fighters out of curiosity and find out their identity. He might need help with one, who knows? Or maybe he might have to fight one for some reason, but he'd be prepared after already studying them in the underground.

However, this newcomer was being...

Difficult.

Whenever Invis was to scan a fighter's identity, it would happen instantly, but this new warrior was difficult to crack through. How come out of all fighters, this newbie had the most difficult identity to find? It frustrated him and was out of the norm. Everyone saw the new guy special because of how well he performs despite being, well, new.

But Invis doubted that the guy was just good at what he does. Something about the person seemed suspicious.

Invis was a pretty high hacker that deserves a death penalty, so this newbie was obviously somebody ranked higher.

"But who are you, exactly..."