Chapter 4: Tony

Pepper followed me into the living room, her hands over her nearly invisible baby bump. "I thought Demy was coming tommorrow? I was still getting things ready for her."

"Something came up." I repied simply. "How's the baby?"

"Don't change the subject, Tony." She sighed, sitting down the couch. "The baby's fine. Now, let's focus on the kid that's already here. What happened?"

I gripped the counter. "I'm a horrible father that's what happened to her."

"Tony, that's not true." Pepper said. I could hear her get up and walk over to me.

"I never told you what happened, Pepper. Even you'd hate me if you knew."

She wrapped her arms around my waist. "I'd never hate you. Tell me what happened."

I sighed and led her over to the couch. "Kris and I met a few years after I inherited the company. I thought it was love and we got married after a few weeks. We immediantly tried for a baby but it took four years until she got pregnant. It was a boy and a girl, twins. Kris lost one baby and was certain it was the girl. Demy was born three months premature but she was extremly healthy. She was the best thing that ever happened to me. Kris hated her, but I loved her she was my baby girl." I took a deep breath before continuing. "Living with Kris was a nightmare but I was too concerned with Demy to care. On Demy's fifth bithday a friend convinced me to go out, I got a little too drunk and walked in on Kris and some guy in the bathroom. I slept with Demy's nanny to get back at her. I lost custody a few months later."

"Tony...." Pepper breathed.

"I ruined her life. I turned to drinking right after instead of trying to get her back. I messed up, Pepper."

"You can make it up to her, Tony. Be here for her, now. You got her back and we won't mess this up. You, Demy, this baby, and I can create a new family."

I kissed her. "I love you, Pepper Potts."

I love you, too, Tony Stark."