Chapter 17: Demy

Across the street stood my mom, who I watched kill herself when I was a kid. I kept my eyes on her as I moved closer to Tony.
"She's here." I whispered stupidly. Why is she here? She's dead. I watched her die."
Tony pulled me behind him and motioned for Rosalie to follow as mom crossed the street.
Cars flew back as they approached her and people were getting hurt in the process, but she either didn't notice or didn't care.
"Demy, I need you to get back to the tower. Have J.AR.V.I.S. call Fury and the Avengers. Have Thor take you and Rosalie to Miami." Tony instructed.
"I'm not-what's wrong with her?" I asked.
"No time to argue or ask questions!" Rosalie grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards the tower. "Who was that? What was that?"
"That was our mom, or at least it looked like her." We made it into the tower. "J.A.R.V.I.S. call-"
"There's no need for that Miss Demy, they're already here."
Steve rushed forward and pulled me to him. "Are you okay? What happened?"
"There's some psycho bitch doing freaky voodoo shit!" Rosalie exclaimed, throwing her hands up.
"Something is parading around as my-our- mom. It looks just like her only it can do magic or something. Cars are flying and people are getting hurt." I blabbered.
"It's not something, Demeter. It's your mom. She was born a mutant," Fury explained. "Which is why we faked her, and Rosalie's death."
"What do I have to do with this?" Rosalie snapped.
"You're a mutant. Every child your mother had should have been a mutant. Except Demeter."
"First, my name is Demy." I snapped. "Second, have you met my mom or Rosalie. There is absolutely no way either of them are mutants."
"Your mother was the offspring of a member of the X-Men and a witch. It was in her DNA, it's in Rosalie's. There's no point arguing with it." Fury turned to the avengers. "Barton and Romanoff get to Stark and help him while Barnes and Rogers will surprise her from behind. Agent Hill, Thor, and I will evacuate the city. Banner, you stay here with Rosalie and Demeter. Don't let Demy out of your sight"

---

"Dr. Banner, you have to let me go and help. I can try to talk her down." I pleaded. Pepper had dropped Gage off to go fight and, based on what CNN was showing, they were getting their asses kicked.
"I can't let you go."
"When did you become Fury's puppet? They need you and I need to help. If you go with me I'm not out if your sight."
Dr. Banner thought it over. "Rosalie, can you watch Gage?" He asked.
"'Course I can."
He turned back to me. "Alright, but if anything goes wrong you get back here."
"Deal."