Chapter 5: Demy

I've woken up many weird ways, but I've never woken up with a metal arm over my mouth. I tried to scream but the metal prevented it. Naturally, my next move was a common one. I kicked that mofo in his balls.

The person who was attached to the arm backed away long enough for me to scream for help. I ran to the door, only to be stopped by an arm around my waist. I struggled against the arm until the door flew in and Steve stood in its old spot.

"Let her go, Bucky." He commanded.

"Who the hell is Bucky?" The man questioned.

Steve threw his shield at him and he released me to catch the sheild. I ran past Steve into the hallway. Pepper stood their with Agent Romanoff, who was still dressed as she had been this morning. She reached her arms out and pulled me to her.

"Get her out of here!" Steve, who was now in a battle with the man, yelled.

Pepper pulled me to the elevator. I could feel my heart pound and my hands go numb. I started shaking and I felt like I was choking. I slid down the wall and started crying, which made the choking feeling worse.

"Help!" Pepper screamed.

I could hear the elevator open but I was much more concerned with trying to breath. I was picked up by someone and carried to the couch.

"Demy, calm down." Tony whispered in my ear. I let out a breath and coughed a little. Tony pulled me closer and rocked slightly. My heart stopped pounding and feeling in my hands were starting to return. Tony wiped my eyes.

I looked up at him and then at Pepper, who was behind him freaking out.

The elevator dinged and Steve walked out with Agent Romanoff. Steve immediantly walked over to Tony and I. "Is she okay?"

"The Winter Soldier was here. He was in Demy's room." Agent Romanoff said.

"Where is he now?" Pepper asked.

"He got away." Steve said, sitting next to me. "Are you okay?"

I nodded slightly and Steve handed me my bear. "I found this and I figured you'd want it."

I pulled the bear to my chest and Tony chuckled. "You still have that?"

I nodded. "Of course I do. He's my best friend."

"Sir, Mister James Buchannon Barnes wishes to speak to you." The robot.... J.A.R.V.I.S.... said.

"Bucky?" Steve asked. "If he just attacked Demy why is he asking to see you?"

"I'm gonna find out." Tony said, placed me on the couch and walked to the elevator.

Dr. Banner sat with me as Steve, Agent Romanoff, Tony, and Pepper left.

"Were you in Harlem when I, uh, broke it?" He asked quietly.

I nodded. "I was living in a foster home there."

"I'm really sorry about what happened."

I looked at my bear. Abominable or whatever his name was smashed into the roof of the apartment building I was living in and when the helicopter Hulk had thrown onto the roof, my foster family died. Only one of the older kids and myself made it out.

"Dr. Banner, Mr. Stark has requested me to ask you to escort Miss Stark to Director Fury's safe home." J.A.R.V.I.S. said.

"Yeah, of course. Follow me."