Chapter 7: Demy

Tony made it to the house before Bucky did. He starmed past Dr. Banner and I and into the kitchen with Steve and Agent Romanoff at his heels.

Bucky walked in after them. He quickly looked the room over before his eyes stopped at me. Dr. Banner left as Bucky walked over to me.

"You gave me a freakin' heartattack." Mental facepalm. Good going, Demeter. Cute boy in front of you and you flippin' mess it up. Wait- I think he's cute?

"My appoligies."

Holy Shitballs, his voice is really hella. Stop, Demy! He's like five to seven years older than you. Well, so are Harry Styles and Jacky Vincent. And Ashley Purdy is fifteen years old- get back on topic!

"I'm not letting an assassion stay that close to my kid!" Tony yelled.

"If I remember correctly, Stark, you passed up getting custody of her a few years ago."

I walked into the room everyone was in. "Is that true?"

Tony spun around. "Demy, listen-"

"Is it true."

"Yes, but-"

I didn't stay to listen I just ran. I'm impulsive, I don't think I just move. And I'm currently moving towards the ground.

I felt an arm wrap around my waist and stop me from hitting the ground. I looked up as Bucky set me upright. I was so close to him I could hear something buzzing in his ear. "Barnes, report."

"I've got her." Bucky said, holding what I assume is an earpiece.

"Good, bring her in."

"I can't do that, sir. You sent me to protect her, not to make her go places." Bucky pulled out the earpiece and smashed it in his metal arm.

"Thanks."

He almost smiled. "Where do you wanna go?"

Bucky and I ended up just walking around the streets of Boston. I grew up nearby but I've never been. He grew up in New York in the early 1900s so he'd never been either. I found out his name was James Buchannon Barnes and that he was in the army during World War II with Steve. He told me how he had been captured by the Russians and they had injected him with a less awesome version of the Super Soldier Serum that had managed to prevent him from dying just long enough for some organization named H.Y.D.R.A. to give him his metal arm and do stuff he wouldn't tell me about.

In return I told him about my mom overdosing the first time when I was seven and being taken into foster care until my mom got me back at eleven before overdosing on my twelth birthday for the final time.

After out walk I was finally ready to face the music.