Thirteen

Sex is meaningless. I know this now.

But Seven doesn't.

Seven is wearing a crop top and bending over the back of the loveseat to pull at Romero's hair. "I love it like this," he beams. "It's all pretty and in your face and shit. Why haven't you cut it?"

Romero hasn't bothered doing much of anything since Seven was abducted. But he doesn't say that. Instead he says "thank you." Instead he caresses Seven's jawline and pulls him closer. Just close enough to feel his exhale on his lips, just close enough for Seven to make up the rest of the distance.

I'm sitting alone on the floor, trying to tan my legs through the floor length windows. L recommended calming exercises like this one. I'm used to things being chaotic and rampant while I'm with the guys. It's the most comfortable thing for me. So whenever things are too dormant, I tend to seek destructive methods out of habit. I tend to scream and fight and have mind-blowing sex. I need to let things be calm and collected for once and even if they aren't I need to pretend they are. I need to be passive instead of active.

Von and Rosemary are a thing. It's a fact of life. I was stupid enough to think the deeper he went inside of me, the deeper his feelings were. I was stupid enough to give myself to him.

But I'm not going to do that anymore.

I'm going to try new calming things like smoking weed and sun bathing.

It's only when Seven's legs are off of the ground that L interrupts them.

"Cut it out," He says while getting a blood pressure monitor and thermometer ready. "Come here so I can check on you."

Seven drags his feet on the ground the entire way then jumps up on the table like it was all potential energy. This new house is so modern and lavish. Minimalistic and greyscale. Yet L still prefers doing all of his doctor work in the kitchen.

He lets his eyes scan over the exposed skin on Seven's abdomen. Seven is thinner. It hasn't even been that long, but he's noticeably thinner.

"Like what you see?" He asks the older, leans back on his hands to provide a better view. A better view of his small waist, the muscles on his body have gotten more prominent, yet more slick more slippery. Like they're guiding your gaze in deeper and lower.

"Still no appetite?" L asks, ignoring his comment.

"Nope." Seven swings his legs back and forth.

A pill container rattles in L's grip and he struggles with his metal fingers for the briefest moment before popping one out. When he goes to hand it to Seven the younger simply opens his mouth. And when he goes to feed it to him Seven wraps his lips around his two fingers.

L flinches back before sighing the moment away. "You have to drink lots of fluids-"

"Oh, don't tell me that." Seven interjects with a wicked smile. He opens his mouth to show he swallowed the pill, or to show L how long his tongue is.

Romero groans before leaving the room. I want to laugh at how weak he is for the younger, then I remember how I've been bullying a human trafficking victim over Von and suddenly nothing is funny.

"Are you in any pain?"

"Always," Seven speaks without losing any charm.

L guides him so that he's laying down on his back. "Tell me if it hurts."

"It hurts."

"Where?" L works his hand against Seven's skin, pushing at his abdomen. The bruises on his back are alarming. Thick lines of discoloration so deep they could cause internal damage.