Sixteen

Kimori has autism.

Light touches send him into a frenzy, when I brush past him, when Seven caresses him.

So, L's fingers on his ribcage tickle him more than they should.

"Ah, y-you're gonna kill me," Kimori pleads as he thrashes around under our grip. His smile is the biggest I've ever seen it and I've seen him smile a lot. This is peak happiness for him. Flowers fields and uninterrupted sunshine. Or something close to it.

"At least you'll die laughing." L is laughing too. We all are.

Kimori's white shirt has ridden up to reveal his slim torso and toned abs. I hold onto his forearm and feel his strained muscles bulging from there as well. I lose my grip, he couldn't have been straining too hard if I still had it anyway. He starts wrestling with L, attempting to get his hands off while he chokes out more giggles.

I take the opportunity to steal the remote control that all of this started over. When the two hear the theme song for what was once my favorite show, all of their laughter ceases.

"This is what you wanted to watch?!" Kimori nudges me with the heel of his foot so that I fall face-first into a pillow.

"This is my childhood," I say as the animated Barbie dolls dance onto the screen. One by one in pastels. I don't remember the rendering being this bad but there are sparkles and singing to distract me from it.

"We clearly had different childhoods." L lets Kimori roll his shirt back down before snatching the remote from me.

I go to grab it back, climbing all over both of them. "Yeah, because you probably didn't even have a TV back then, old man."

"I definitely fucking did." L's metal hand snakes around one of my wrists and holds the dainty thing with too much ease for my liking.

"Was it in black and white?" Kimori jokes.

"Were there only two channels with one being reruns of Kennedy's inauguration?"

"Honestly." L finally pushes Kimori off of his lap, but keeps me on it. "This is why you're failing your history class now, kid."

I let my mouth fall open and I let L change it to whatever he wants. I was really just watching that to piss them off.

His scent lingers as I keep my body hovered above his. It's mixed with a hint of sweat, no doubt from the earlier struggle. Otherwise it's as pure as gold. It's rich and heavy like amber. Fossilizing this moment in a honey-colored haze. The white couch with its soft pillows, the modern light fixtures. I can't quite put my finger on the scent but it's so him.

"Shit, you're failing your history class?" Kimori asks from his new position on the floor. "I'm good with dates and stuff maybe I could help you."

Kimori doesn't always pick up on social cues. Like when we shared an inebriated indirect kiss on the balcony, or when we squeezed into the same closet while hiding from Seven. Both panting from having ran there, the space was so small it was impossible not to touch. I grabbed his wrists, lifted both of his hands to my breasts and made him squeeze. I could barely catch his expression in the dark but it wasn't what I wanted.

Even when Von is picking on him like the bully he is, Kimori takes it as lightly as possible, responds with an innocent smile.

Yet, this time Kimori knew exactly what to say.

"I'd love it if you helped me." I don't look at Kimori when I say it, I look at L. Because L hasn't bothered to push me off of him yet.

"You're in your senior year right?" Kimori asks.