beer

knock knock

"angie; finally you're here!"

stumbling, eden opened the door. she hiccupped as she caught sight of him empty-handed. "angie, where are my waffles?"

angelo ignored the nickname and studied her. "you have to be at least 21 to eat beer-flavored waffles. there's no way you're older than me."

eden grinned as she stepped forward, laced her arms around his neck and whispered into his ear, "couldn't you have made an exception for me?"

"you're already drunk, aren't you?"

eden giggled. "maybe?"

angelo sighed as he pried her arms from him. "maybe you should sit."

stunned, she backed away, teetering slightly. "not you too!"

"what are you talking about?" he stepped forward to assure that she didn't fall. she roughly shoved him away.

"no! don't come near me!" she hiccupped and turned to her table, holding on to the edge for support. her hands reached for the bottle of wine and the half full glass beside it. angelo, however, took them away from her.

"give it back!" she swore at him as she went for the bottle.

he lifted it out of her reach and, after seeing the wine cabinet in the corner of the room, he walked towards it and put it inside.

"eden, why are you doing this?"

at this, she burst into tears. he rushed forward to keep her from falling, but she again pushed him away. "no, don't pretend like you care."

"is this because of your sister?"

her eyes were just beginning to get red and puffy. she raised a shaky finger and pointed it towards the door. "go."

"or is this because of your parents?"

"angelo, get the hell out of my house!"

"eden, what's going on?"

angrily, she tried to slap him, but, due to her disorientation, missed. tears were streaming down her face and onto her stained red lips. and whether it be from her intoxication or the fact that she just didn't care, she didn't wipe them away. she slid down to the floor and looked up at him.

"i have no parents!" she yelled at him. she already knew that she'd have a massive headache the next day. shocked, angelo sat next to her and replied, "i'm so sorry eden."

she scoffed. "they're not dead, you idiot." swallowing hard, she said, "they disowned me." to this, angelo didn't respond.

"you know, apparently i wasn't jewish enough for them. they hated my music, they hated my clothes, they hated me!" she screamed the last part, before she began to sob.

"they told me to change or leave. i left. my aunt took me in and let me stay here. she's always gone on business trips so that's why i live here alone. and the worst part, is how my sister is the cause of all of it." eden furiously rubbed her eyes to stop the flow of tears.

"she told my parents that it'd teach me a lesson. that after a week of living on my own, i'd run back to them a changed person, the daughter they'd always wanted. now, she calls once a month from college to tell me how stupid i am for leaving."

eden inhaled hard, surprised she wasn't choking on her never-ending tears. angelo exhaled soft, surprised she was still breathing. "eden, if i'd have known, i wouldn't have pushed you for answers. i'm sorry." eden just sat there, unresponsive.

after a few minutes, she asked, "will i remember any of this tomorrow?"

"probably not."

"will you?"

"probably yes."

at that, eden laid her head in his lap and allowed him to wipe away her tears as she dozed off.

• • • • •

cool new wattpad layout for the create section.

i've been serial watching arrow and the flash and now i really want to make a superhero story. but, i'd have to finish waffles, rochambeau and my christmas story before i even think about writing it (ugh). so basically, maybe next year :)

also: long(er) chapter, yay!

☯don't forget to follow, vote and comment☯