spiced belgian with blood orange glaze

knock knock

eden opened the door and they both stared at each other for a while.

"i'm sorry for pushing you about the secret."

"it's not your fault," angelo replied. "i'm sorry for getting mad at you. i did want to tell you, I just didn't expect that it'd be that hard." and with that, he handed her the box of waffles.

"you know that you forgot to pay me last time? i got yelled at by my boss."

eden laughed out loud and took the box. "sorry about that," she said, still giggling. "i'll get you the money for both now."

shortly after she disappeared down the hall, eden reappeared with all the money and gave it to him.

"did your aunt come back yet?"

"yep," eden replied, nodding. "last night, actually."

angelo sat down as eden turned on the television, which was again tuned to Disney Junior. "so, how did the meeting with the chef go?"

eden laughed. "my aunt sort of exaggerated my age to him. when he found out i was fifteen, he said that i'd need a bit more culinary experience. so once i'm seventeen, i'll officially be a chef. in training, that is. and our first destination will be thailand."

"cool," angelo said, focusing more on eating the waffles. noticing this, eden snatched them away from him.

"i paid for these so i can eat them, not give them to you."

he took one more piece before saying, "they're really delicious, though." at that, he took a bite out of the piece. eden chuckled as she dug into the waffle box.

"so, you're going to learn thai?"

...

"what?"

"you know, the official language of thailand?"

...

"i didn't even know that was a language."

angelo laughed as they ate more waffles together.

• • • • •

guys, i woke up at five a.m. to go to school, got there at eight just to learn that it was closed, waited for the bus for twenty minutes (in freezing rain) and finally got home an hour later. i kid you not, i couldn't feel my toes for hours.

but hey, i updated!! i'm also posting the next chapter cause it's super short :)

☯don't forget to follow, vote and comment☯