13%

T H I R D P E R SO N

"Are you going to talk to me darling girl?" Harry looks at Haven with curious eyes. Curling up in the sheet even more she reaches out and tamper with his unruly hair.

"I-i don't really like telling people." Haven admits.

"Why not?" He asked. She trusted him, he never gave a reason not to. Maybe it was naive but she was ready to talk to someone.

"It happened 3 years ago when I was 15." She begins.

"Puff was my best friend, we did everything together." She smiles small when memories of her fishing trips and carpentry builds.

"Puff was my grandfather. I called him Puff because he was always a twig, tall lanky and skinny as a pencil, but ate like a mad man." She grins slightly.

"He used to take me fishing and-and teach me how to fix cars, stuff a grandfather would teach a boy not a girl."

"But I loved it, I loved it so much. I love fishing, I love cars, I love carpentry, I love football and baseball, huge Packers fans we were." She giggles remembering them yelling at the TV to loud and grandma would have to tell them to be quiet.

"Packers are my favorite team." Harry mumbles and raises his shirt to reveal a Packers logo tattoo.

"Knew I liked you for some reason." She teases trying to brighten up the mood.

"Well my mother hated all the 'manly' stuff he taught me, so she made me take up dancing and pageantry." God she hated pageantry, she'd much rather been watching the Red Soxs or Cubs.

"My grandmother had no problem, she taught me how to salsa, tango, every dance move she knew, she taught me," Harry smiles at her slightly creating an image of a small girl with beautiful blonde curls dancing with such grace.

"It's the same reason I'll never dance again." She whispers. Harry tucks a strand of hair behind her ear as they lay in his bed.

"Dancing was the best and worst thing I ever gained from my mother." Her heart pounding as she pours out all the feelings she never could to anyone. Just her self.

"That song, the one by Elton John," She takes a deep breath.

"My grandfather used to sing it, every morning, every night, it became a tradition, a tradition that could never grow old, because their love never did." She lets out a scoff a humor before fixating her eyes on Harry's.

"Because she was his tiny dancer." Harry concluded putting the pieces of the simple yet complicated story.

"Unfortunately they had some trouble with money, and my grandfather did everything he could to provide for her." Her honey brown eyes turn glossy but she never sheds a tear.

"I've never seen so much love, the way they looked at each other, and danced like they were so carefree, it was like a fairy tale." Haven wishes she could only experience that love he felt for her.

"In January, it was my dance recital."

"H-"

"It's fine." She persists.

"Being the classy woman my grandmother is she never showed, even though she promised, along with my grandfather."

"I was absolutely gutted, looking out and seeing only your mother and father whom you didn't have an exactly perfect relationship. Only to see the two spots you reserved for the two people who you thought were going to be together forever, just not there."

"I just remembered that I couldn't do anything without them, so that's when I trashed the performance. The performance that could've got me top notch, shattered, they shattered the dream of my dancing."

"I was pissed, about ready to trudge over there and give them a piece of my mind. So I did, I asked my instructor to drop me off at their house without a word to my mother or father."

"And I just-" Her voice breaks and Harry rubs circles on her back.

"You don't have to anymore." He utters and she nods.

"Thank you." Harry didn't pry or step over boundaries like the others who tried to 'help' her did.

"Go to sleep doll." He kisses her lips softly and she reciprocates just as sweeter.

"Night Daddy."