A new aquaintance

Nagisa's POV
It's already half way from our first term when our teacher announced a new transfer student who will stay in E-Class. I whispered to myself "Great, another delinquent added to the class, yay me."

I think you already know that E-Class stands for End Class. The lowest of the low, delinquents from our school ends up here, as well as students with the lowest grades. Once you drop here there's no going back. Even the scariest and meanest students was left in the shadows.

"Alright, come in now ya twerp." The teacher spoke. I looked at the door and saw a red haired student walking in. Then he said "Hello, my name is Karma Akabane and I don't expect to be friends with you people anytime soon." Oddly enough he looked towards my direction which made my eyes slowly widened and ended up staring at the window. After some time he added another comment "I guess some are an exemption."

Then the teacher told him to find a vacant seat. The only vacant seat is behind Kaede Kayano, my childhood friend, and the one beside me. I didn't really care where he sat. But of course he decided to sit right beside me. I glanced at him while sitting down, soon enough he looked towards me and said "Hey, you're really cute for a boy." I was shocked by his compliment and ended up stuttering "T-thanks. Bu-t its not like I had a choice."

The day passed by normally, a few talks from Kayano and Rio but nothing special happened

By the homeroom period the teacher asked if I could get a box carton from the main campus, he said that it's around the student council's room, right beside the kitchen club.

"Why would I get it?" I murmured, it's not like I'm in any shape carrying a box all the way back to the classroom, so I politely asked "Sir, may you asked someone else?" Then he instantly replied back "You E-class student have no right to start defying a teacher's order"
I was of course frustrated. I would rather be happy having a yellow octopus as a teacher. But of course that's impossible.

As I left the classroom I could still hear the teacher lecturing the class about how we should take A class as role model student and follow what they do to have a good future.

After some time I reached the main campus. I hate it here, students from A class to C class started looking at me with disgust as to why a low-life like me is staying in a "prestigious" place like these. Im used to it anyway. People barely even notice me, I'm like an ash waiting to be flown away.

I found the box and took it. Even the student council belittled me. I was not even surprise anymore. But the president of the student council silenced them. Asano I believed was the name. He is peculiar yet so interesting. I continued scooting away

I was already outside until two students from C class blocked my path and starting insulting me. One of them said "Ooh, look at we have here an E-Class student loitering the main campus. We can't have that here can we?"
And his fellow friend said "I really don't know why reject like you are still allowed inside the campus."

I wanted to cry

But I dont wanna show how vulnerable I was

I wanted someone to come help me

"Hey!" I heard someone shout behind me. I didn't even dare raise my head up but the voice was familiar. Suddenly an arm was on my shoulder, I was shock ending up me dropping the box. I heard something shatter inside the box.

Then the person said "You people are so defiling. If you want to know how I treat my enemies. I'll gladly show you"

The voice was playful yet sinister. When I looked up the two students started running.

"Are you okay?" He asked. "I'm fine, thank you" I answered back. I look to see who it was

To my surprise it was Karma.

I was flustered and felt my face become a little hot

He laughed and said not to think about it too much while rubbing my hair. I don't like it when people touch my hair, but perhaps he can be an exemption.

He asked if the box was alright. I answered "No, I think it cracked" He pulled a small joke saying that, I was fragile like the box, but he won't let me break like the things inside the box. I am used by the teasing by now because of Rio teasing me since last school year

He insisted to carry the boxes for me. I hesitantly agreed.

While walking back to the class we had small talk from here and there

When we reached back the class he said something different "Nagisa-kun, I want to know you better, can we start of as friends?"

I nodded in agreement and smiled, he smiled back. He then said that he will explain to our teacher how the things inside the box shattered. I waved back at him signaling I was going home. He raised his thump up in agreement

I said to myself, smiling "Today is the day where a new relationship is formed"