Distant lovers

Narrator's POV

Karma and Nagisa was completely distant from one another, Karma skipped classes more frequently and even when he was in class, he would sit at the farthest back of the room. Unlike before, where he sat right beside Nagisa. He became more aggressive, showing no sign of sympathy he would beat up anyone in the school who would look down on him. Of course that caused him to be on probation and was suspended for 2 weeks. On the other hand Nagisa was not his usual self anymore, he tends to stay on the bathroom stalls during lunch breaks and would cry his heart out, of course, he became a staple of bullying. But no red head on sight this time. The second half of their Junior life was harsh.

Once Karma returned back to school after suspension, he showed no emotion besides hatred and despair. The eyes of bloodlust.

Soon after their Junior life had come to an end. And to their new journey for Senior life is here.

Nagisa's POV

Rio: "Whoah, no way Karma! You, and Okuda?! Getting married after Senior year! I tho-"

Karma: "Rio."

Rio: "r-right, sorry!"

I overheard the commotion on the other side of the class, me and Karma had never talked ever since what happened, he probably hates me, that's better I guess, everyone didn't know we where a couple besides Rio, but I'm used to being hated and left. Still, it still hurts, this hurts *pounds chest*

??: "Nagisaaaa!"  Someone yelled my name from the outside the voice was really familiar. Oh! Could it be?

Kayano: "Nagisaaa, I'm baack!" He over-dramatically rushed to me and jumped on me.

Kayano: "o-ooh how has it been! I've missed you!"

Nagisa: "The usual, nothing changed."

Kayano: "Nothing? Nothing changed?! How about you and ka-hmph" I covered her mouth and whispered at him "shh, lets talk this somewhere else." I took her hand and brought him outside.

I filled her up on what happened last school year.

Kayano: "No way! I thought. And he's gonna get married to her!" I gave a force smile and moved my head up and down so a tear won't fall from my eyes.

Kayano: "Then, how do you feel."

Kayano: "Never better."

Kayano: "Nagisa."

While we where talking I saw Karma holding hands with Okuda as they left the classroom building. I felt weak.

Nagisa: "Excuse me Kayano, I need to go somewhere." As I rushed to find a secluded place.

Once I was around somewhere deep in the woods, there I cried dramatically, remembering the short time we where together even it was that short. For the first time. I skipped class. So once I composed myself I returned to class for second period.

Once I slid the door open, the usual Karma wasn't there, but I was surprised that Kayano was sitting beside my chair, so I sat at my chair and asked.

Nagisa: "Kaede- why are you still here?!"

Kayano: "Weelll, since you left I didnt got a chance to tell you, I'm staying here for Senior year, so I can spend my time with you."

Nagisa: "But your acting career?"

Kayano: "Nah, don't think about it, I asked for this as a special request." As she smiled at me. First time in months has someone smiled at me genuinely.

Things went as usual for the second period, I felt happy that I have someone so closed to that I can talk with again. Soon enough second period was over.

Kayano: "Hey, Nagisa, lets eat together, just like before."

Nagisa: "Oh, okay." As she clung unto me as we went to the cafeteria. Im slowly returning to my old self again, as I smiled genuinely

Karma's POV

Okuda: "Karma-kun, I'll be going to the science lab to get some stuff, wait for me later dismissal okay~"

Karma: "Hmh? Oke." As I faked a smile. I putted my hands on my chin as support as I started to ponder what happened last school year

Ever since what happened last school year me and him has been distant more than ever, we never talked, just passing-by one another. I refused the arrange marriage, because of him, no matter how hard my parents try, I was not budging. I never knew who I was gonna be with until this summer break where Okuda's parents and my parents talk about the arrange marriage. I was shock to find out it was her, she never even talked about that with me. I still wanted to disagree, but I accepted, I didn't know why I accepted back then, to hope he will grow jealous because of it? To make him return to my grasp? So, he can be mine again?

Now as thing as it seems, Im slowly accepting everything, slowly loosing love.

I went outside to catch a breather, as I was stressed out. The last school year, probably the last year I'll see him again. While I was walking towards the cafeteria, someone bumped into me.

Karma: "Hey! Watch where you're going!" I took his shoulders as I was about to push him away. The feeling of this shoulder was familiar. As I proceeded to look down it was him.

Kaede took my hand away from his shoulder.

Kaede: "Well, we're sorry, we where just having fun. Unlike what you did to Nagisa!."

Nagisa: "Kaede, stop pls"

He was holding Kaede as he bombarded me with nagging, the way he never changed, it was.. cute.

Kaede: "Hey! Look at me when I'm talking to you not Nagisa!"

Karma: "Tch." And I proceeded to walk past them like nothing happened as they continued to rush back to class.

I was feeling more down after that encounter, so for once I wanted to eat something so I went to the school canteen and bought food. I sat down alone in a table, no one daring to sit close to me for my infamous actions last school year.
Soon Rio sat down on the table I was in.

Rio: "Psst, hey. What happened? I thought what happened last school year was just a lovers quarrel, now after summer brake, you announced to us you're engaged with Okuda? I was rooting for you two."

Karma: "The past is in the past, we don't waste new tears from the past." I left my unfinished meal and walked away.

I felt anguish and anger every time the things that happened last year are mentioned even with him.

"Don't leave me, stay by my side" empty promises from me and him. I clenched my teeth and my fist and started to punch a wall as I was walking the hallways.

"Why, did you have to leave me?" I sat against the wall and stated there until recess was over.