chapter two

i pulled up to a house. "this is your new, happy home y/n." my mother smiled.

it was blueish gray with white trimming around the windows. the dark brown roof reminded me almost of my old house in hawkins. almost. you know, without the dead dad stuff.

the moving van was in the front with all my things. i had three boxes, my mother had four. she said she would be purchasing a lot of new furniture.

as i was dazed out, my mother shook me a bit. "y/n!! we're here!!! aw, look! there's a few nice boys sitting outside. maybe you could try and make friends?"

i gulped. i looked at those four boys. they reminded me of the party. you know, it was hard to make new friends because i always had the best in the world. now, they aren't here. i stepped out of car to walk toward the moving van. the boys looked interesting.

the first one to catch my eye was a short boy with eyes that reminded me of a young deer. freckles laced his face. he was quite cute.

"damn eds! you're new neighbor is hot!"

"shut up richie! you're going to scare her right back to where she came from."

the boy i noticed must be named eddie. eds seems like a nickname for that.

the other boy must be named richie. he had shaggy dark hair, and big glasses that enlarged his eyes. he wasn't bad looking either.

"i-i-i- i think we should h-h-help her unpack her things. she-she looks sad." a skinny brown haired boy said that. he was obviously the most sympathetic.

was i that obviously sad?? they must think i hate them!!

"bill's right. she probably had to leave all of her friends and come here. the least we could do is be friendly!" this was said by a boy with light curly hair who had a kippa on his head. i almost wanted to thank him for being kind, but then i remember i shouldn't be listening to their conversation.

bill must have been the one with the stutter i soon realized. i wonder what this boys name is?

while i was dazed out, i didn't even realize the boys came up to me.

"u-um hello? my-my name's bill. s-s-sorry about my stutter. would you like some-some help moving in? my friends and i thought you looked tired."

i smiled. "no need to apologize. anyway, hi! i'm y/n, y/n l/n. honestly, that would be amazing if you don't mind? maybe i could buy you guys food sometime?"

bill returned the smile. "pretty name. i-i-i don't mind at all. neither do my friends. you-you don't need to repay us. maybe w-we could just be friends?"

my heart skipped a beat. FRIENDS. wow i can't wait to tell will about the boys here. though, they couldn't ever replace him.

"yeah! friends." i think they all knew i needed those in a new town. hopefully, this wasn't out of pity.

"yeah, yeah. okay stop flirting with the new chick bill! i'm richie. obviously your future boyfriend. how you doing hot stuff?"

wow. he's... bold? i liked him though. he seemed like the comedian of the group.

i chuckled. "wow, i like your confidence! i'm doing okay though. just tired. i didn't even know i was moving until yesterday!"

the boys smiles faded. i thought i said something wrong.

the curly haired boy walked up to me. "you had to leave your friends on such short notice? i couldn't ever do that. i'm sorry."

"it's fine! i'm still going to visit them. hey! maybe if we all become close you could come with me to indiana."