chapter four

"oh my gosh! eddie is finally getting it!" richie fucking woke me up. i don't want to open my eyes yet.
"shut up guys!! you're going to wake her up." definitely awake eds.
"she-she-she looks so peaceful. probably had a rough couple d-d-days."
"guys let's stop staring at her and talking. she's gonna think we're crazy. i know it's weird to see a gorgeous girl sleeping with eddie, but let's just leave her alone." thank you stanley!!!
eddie was comfortable. i turned to my side and nuzzled my face into his chest. he played with my hair.
richie laughed a little. "wouldn't it be funny if she heard every word we said." i groaned a bit.
"yeah guys, what if i heard you talking about me while you watched me sleep." silence. i laughed. "i'm just playing around." i opened my eyes and looked up at eddie. i gave him a smile. he returned it.
"y/n, w-w-why are you holding eddie like that?" richie laughed at his bold question.
"he's comfortable! we're just friends guys. we met yesterday!" eddie sighed. "yeah..." he almost sounded... sad?
i kind of just friend zoned him. that's a good thing, right? no boys for me. i closed my eyes a bit more to rest. eddie continued playing with my hair.
the phone started ringing. probably a telemarketer. "stanley, go get it please?"
he did as i told him. "hello!!" he put it so everyone in the room could hear it. there was silence on the other line.
"um.. hey? is y/n l/n there?" who was that? stan thought the same thing. "who is this?"
"mike. mike wheeler?" i jumped out of eddie's arms. he looked disappointed.
i left it so all the other boys could hear the phone. "mike!! hey it's y/n/n. what's up?"
"who was that boy who just answered the phone love?" love. i'm not his love.
"oh.. it was my new friend here in derry! stan. i also met a few more boys. eddie, richie, and bill. you would like them a lot."
he sighed on the other line. "you don't want to date any of those boys... right?"
my heart broke. "what? me? noooo. i just met them! just friends for now."
"for now?! y/n what is that supposed to mean?"
jesus christ. "i don't know i just met them. in the future, why couldn't i date one of them?"
the losers looked at me with red faces.
"y/n, i was going to ask if you wanted to try long distance. if you like these boys then for-"
"no! no. mike. okay, i don't like these boys like that. mike, love, i don't think we should get back together. you broke my heart. i understand why you did it, but i found myself here. i found some friends! mike, i need you in my life, but i don't want you in it as a boyfriend. we were friends before, and we can go back to friends. i love you so much, but you have to understand. i don't know when the next time i'll see you is, and you were right! long distance is just too hard."
i heard mike's voice tremble. was he crying? "i understand y/n. just know i never meant to hurt you. i love you so much. please come see me soon. i care about you so much." he started to cry harder. "it's been two days, and i miss you. we all miss you! please don't replace us with these boys."
i chuckled a little. "i miss you too. i couldn't ever replace you. i'm making more friends, not getting rid of my old ones. i think you guys would like these boys. i miss you all too. don't worry."
i could almost hear his smile. he sniffles a bit. "well, i gotta go. nancy is about to beat me over the head to get breakfast. have a nice day! call me soon."
"can do!! tell nanc i said hello!! bye!!" i hung up the phone.
i looked back at the losers. they were all red faced. i felt bad they had to hear that. i went back over to sit with eddie. he put his arm back around me. he looked at me sadly.
"what's wrong eds?"
"i just feel bad we aren't your old friends. they care about you a lot. i know you miss them, and we just don't seem like enough."
he looked like he wanted to cry. "aw eds! you're enough. i promise. you're all enough. like you heard me say to mike, you aren't replacing them. i'm just making new friends! i love all of you."
stan gave me a smile. "i'm glad we found you y/n. we've never met a girl who's liked to hang with us, let alone a cool one! we're lucky."
"honestly, i'm lucky to have you guys. i wouldn't have any friends here if it wasn't for you. on another note, i am officially single. no more mike. that's that!" apart of me was sad to say that.
richie winked at me. "maybe you will have a new boyfriend sooner than you think." we all laughed. eddie held me a little tighter, almost as if he was jealous.
my mom came downstairs to where we were sitting. she looked at me and eddie. "looks like you two got comfortable! i've never seen her do that with anybody but mi-" i cut her off.
"MOM. could you mind not making this awkward? we're just comfortable."
she gave us a smile. "sorry honey. you guys are just too cute." eddie and i's faces went bright red. the other losers were laughing hysterically
i gave them a death glare. my mom walked away and began to make us some pancakes for breakfast. i looked at the wall clock. it was 10:30.
richie stared at me and eddie as i was fixing his hair. when i finished, eddie started to tickle my sides. i told him to stop between laughs. eventually he did, kissed my forehead, and put his arm back around me.
what the fuck. where did that come from? even if i might have had small feelings for him, i just met him! i didn't know that was coming... apart of me wanted him to do it again. it's too soon for this. he probably just did it in a friend way.
richie saw all of that go down. he looked at us. i laughed. "what rich?"
"nothing y/n. just the fact that none of us have any chance with you except eddie. we just met yesterday, and i can already picture you guys having sex!" jesus christ richie.
eddie scoffed. "shut the fuck up richie. if she likes me, she likes me. if she doesn't, she doesn't. i'm not going to fuck her jesus christ do you know the diseases you can get from that?"
i nodded in agreement. "eddies right. i don't want fucking STDs. knowing you, you probably have one!" everyone laughed.
richie looked at me. "maybe i don't want to date you. not saying i'm a sex whore, but i would like to have s-"
"o-o-oh my gosh richie. how about we NOT do this. we're all just friends." me and eddie agreed.
stan chimed in. "agreed. even if she did want to date us, she could choose. who even said we wanted to date her? i mean richie would date anyone." ws all laughed.
"thanks guys. i don't care if i end up dating one of you. it wouldn't be for awhile. i'm just glad i could find you guys."
eddie laughed. "agreed. just so you guys know, y/n/n and i are obviously just friends. if we were to become a couple though, we would be fucking adorable." everyone laughed
"i mean he's not wrong," i said looking at him with a smile. he pulled me a bit closer to him.
"food is done!" my mom yelled. everyone got up and went toward the kitchen. she served us all pancakes.
"so boys, you have any plans today."
bill responded. "we might go to the q-q-quarry to swim." thanks for the invite boys.
eddie looked at me with those big brown eyes. "y/n/n, would you like to come?"
i looked at my mom waiting for approval. "i don't see why not. just be home before eight. you have school in the morning." yes!
      all the boys informed us they should head home to take showers and changed. i agreed.
     eddie stayed behind for a moment. "would you like to come and meet my mom? remember, i literally live next door."
     i agreed and my mom let me walk over. i quick changes into an outfit for the day and put my bathing suit underneath. i quickly braided my hair. i decided i would shower after the quarry.