chapter five

(guys i fucking forgot that we were in january. in maine, it is p cold at this time. just pretend it was a warm day or something omg im so sorry)

      i held onto eddie tightly as we made our way to the quarry. he smelled nice. mostly like your basic laundry detergent but with a hint of bubblegum. it was comforting. i am glad i forgot my bike in hawkins. im perfectly okay with that. now i can ride with eddie everyday! its not like i have a crush on him, its just comforting. maybe it could bring us closer. 

     i heard the boys talking to each other a bit forward. eddie and i fell behind because the bike was a bit heavier than two people. though neither of us weigh much, its still two people on a bike. i could not quite make out what they were talking about. as i began to zone out, i began to focus on their conversation more. 

     ¨how long until y/n and eddie date? i mean, look at them! it has been what? two days? they are already practically fucking each other back there.¨ that was richie. i scoffed, but not loud enough to where eds could hear it. ¨can you guys not? thats freaking disgusting. im pretty sure she is asleep on my back, and you guys are making sex jokes.¨ thats my boy!! well, not my boy.. you get the point!

     i heard stan start to talk. ¨eddie is right. she practically just got out of a relationship. did you hear how broken she was? from what i know, she loved mike a lot. what she needs are friends. she would not appreciate us making these jokes.¨ stan the man with the common sense!! jesus, is it that hard to just be friends with some guys? i mean eddie is cute and all, and sweet, and super funny...but he is a friend! nothing more. i mean you never know in the future, but thats beside the point!

     bill spoke next. ¨i a-a-also agree. i would not mind y/n dating any of us. i know we all think shes beautiful and sweet. right now though, she just needs some friends! eddie and her, though would make a great couple, are just f-f-friends right now.¨ they all think im pretty? beside the point, they might care about me more than i care about me! i almost thought i had a crush on eddie! boy was i stupid! i totally do not at all, right?

     they all talked while i ¨slept.¨ i heard all the boys bikes stop. we must be here. eddie stopped the bike. ¨hey y/n/n. were hereeeee!¨i pretended to wake up and stand up. i felt richie massage my shoulder. ¨hello my love! since you and eddie were basically fuc-¨

      stan slapped his arm and began to talk. ¨since you two got so close, were hoping to all get closer with you!¨ i smiled.  i liked all these boys a lot.

      ¨of course! by the way, i love you all. not just eddie.¨ eds began to fake cry and i laughed. bill pointed to the edge of the cliff. ¨time to jump i guess....¨" the boys looked scared as hell. i have jumped into water like this before on my vacation with mike's family. i began to take off my outfit. jeez. i hope they don't hate my body. 

     i had a bathing suit on now. i looked up to see all the boys in their underwear. they all held their stomachs self consciously. they turned back. eddie stared at me with awe. for some reason, i don't feel insecure around eds. something about him is comforting. i give him a small smile before i realize all the other boys are staring at me too. i can't tell if they are judging me or not. i look down at my body and sigh. stupid pancakes.

     there's an awkward silence among us. i look out to the boys staring down at the water. since i am a bit behind them, i start to walk forward. its now or never i guess. i start running and i grab eddie's hand. ¨ready?¨ i say to him. before he could respond, i jump in, forcing him to jump as well. 

     we fall under the water. we both come up and look at each other. he doesn't say anything, but he has the biggest smile on his face. i giggle. ¨take a picture eds, it will last longer!¨ he laughs and tells me to shut up jokingly. i hear richie laughing at us from the top of the cliff. ¨if we don't get down there soon, they are going to start sucking faces!¨