chapter eight

i woke up in the morning. eddie was already awake, yet still holding me in his arms. my mom and him were talking. they thought i was asleep, so i kept up the act for a bit to listen to them.
"eddie, i think y/n really likes you. you're such a nice kid, and i really think you guys are meant for each other."
i could tell eddie was a bit embarrassed. "yeah i-uh.. yeah. i really like her too. she's probably the best person i've ever met."
i decided to "wake up" now. i open my eyes and look at eds. i began in a british accent. "good morning darling."
my mom laughed. "you're such dorks."
eddie looked at me with awe. "you're so pretty."
my heart did flips. "we confess our obvious feelings for each other and now we're doing this? i'm okay with that. you don't need to call me pretty though. i just woke up." i laughed.
eddie laughed and got oddly serious. "y/n/n you're freaking gorgeous. i know we just told each other ab how we felt, but i told you the day i met you how pretty you were." he smiled.
i leaned in to kiss him, missing that embrace we had last night. we both leaned in and suddenly heard a knock at the door. my mom ran to get it from
upstairs.
we both awkwardly laid down. i hope whoever ruined our moment had a good reason for it.
i know eddie seems as though he's always awkward to outsiders. were so close, i don't think i've ever felt odd around him. sometimes he gets stuttery saying nice things to me, but i think it's cute.
i'm awoken from my daydream to the door opening. richie, stan, and bill stood at the door. my mom allowed them all in.
my mom must have changed the vhs tape while i was asleep. "the little mermaid," my favorite, was now playing. eds and i played it off as if we were just watching it.
eddie and i lay still cuddled together, not realizing how touchy we may have seemed. richie was the first to say something. "yeah, um hello? stop sucking his dick. we have plans today. bills house? sleepover?"
bill spoke out. "y/n obviously j-j-just woke up. give them a second r-rich."
eddie thanked him. "y/n/n, we should get ready." i sighed.
"edsss.. i don't wannaaaa. im confortable."
stan laughed at me. "y/n, go get fucking dressed. you have on a t-shirt 7 sizes too big on you and tennis shorts."
        i laughed. "i want to wear something comfortable! jeans on a saturday? that's wayyy too much work."
        eddie picked me up bridal style. "let's go princess." he said it sarcastically, but it was still cute.
     i could tell bill was jealous. richie seemed off, but i'm assuming he's just tired. stan chuckled at us.
i loved stan in a brotherly way. he's always happy for me. besides my mom, he's the only one who knows about eddie. yeah he makes some jokes, but i know he's rooting for me.
as eddie dropped me into my bed, i laughed. he just sighed and chuckled. "y/n, you need to get dressed."
"okay then get me an outfit!" i was being sarcastic, but he did just that. he found some black yoga pants and a red sweatshirt he left here last week. it says "derry, maine" in the top right corner.
i laughed at him. "sooo are you gonna change now?
"edward kaspbrak. how do you expect me to change when you are staring right at me?"
he awkwardly sat down in the spinning chair at the other side of my room. i closed my door and changed into the outfit. comfortable. just like i wanted. "thanks eds."
he looked at me sweetly. "you look cute in my sweatshirt."
"you look cute all the time." he got red in the face. he's never complimented anyone before, i could tell. it came out so smoothly. i can tell he meant it.
i sat down at my vanity. i threw my hair into some braid pigtails. they were a bit messy, but i didn't mind. i put on some light makeup and shoved some chapstick in my pocket.
i had to pack a back for bills since i didn't live right next door to him. i grabbed some more tennis shorts and a pair of mom jeans for tomorrow. i was about to grab a t-shirt for bed, but then i realized it was mikes old t-shirt he gave me.
i got sad for a moment, but then i smiled and saw eddies cute little face as he ranted about some new disease he heard about. i grabbed a random hawkins shirt i had and a long sleeve top. i put a brush and some makeup in before closing the bag.
"eddie spaghetti, i am ready." he rolled his eyes. mrs k. dropped off a bag for him this morning while we were sleeping, so he just needed to grab his downstairs.
i was about to open the door when eddie stopped me. he sighed nervously and lightly kissed me. it lasted a bit longer than last night, but innocent.
we both smiled a bit at each other and then made our way downstairs. "jeez could you have taken any longer? you were definitely doing something... ya know?!" richie yelled.
"oh my gosh he was helping me pack."
"yeah, helping you pack. let me ask why you're wearing his sweatshirt?"
eddie then spoke up. "because i was told to pick out her outfit, and i knew she wanted something comfortable. get your head out of the gutter. she looks beautiful."
he dozed off in that last sentence when staring at me. the losers all started laughing. bill even found it funny. "shut up guys." i said between laughs. "he's just trying to be cute, may i remind you that it's working?" he blushed.
the losers began to laugh even harder. "i cannot wait until we find out your dating." i chuckled. "not yet." i added a wink.
"yet??" they all said in unison.
eddie very proudly agreed with me. "yet."
we rode our way to bills. obviously, i was on the back of his bike. i was planning to get a new one with my birthday money, but i was very much okay with this.
we got to bills and greeted his parents. they were going out of town for the night, so they reminded us to behave.
it was currently 3pm. we all decided to play truth or dare. i started. "bill, truth or dare?"
"t-truth." i thought for a moment. "do you have a crush on anybody?"
his face got bright red and stan began to chuckle. "here we gooooo." stan spoke.
"it's y-you y/n." a part of me knew that. i didn't like hearing it to be honest. my head was laying on eddies lap and he was playing with my hair. i could feel his grip get tense. i gave him some reassuring eyes.
"oh." was all i could manage. stan began to laugh. i glared at him, so he played it off as a cough. bill looked embarrassed as hell. "i'm sorry." he said.
"it's okay. i- just want to be friends." he smiled. we all felt the awkward energy.
"a-anyways. richie, truth or dare."
the game went on for awhile. suddenly stan spoke up. "eddie, truth or dare?" he chose dare.
"i dare you to kiss y/n" everyone went silent. eddie and i looked at each other and laughed a bit. the other seemed a bit confused.
both of us leaned in. it wasn't just a peck, but it only lasted a few seconds. i could tell he was trying to claim me in front of the others. we were somehow not embarrassed at all.
we looked at each other in awe. we didn't look back at the others. "y/n/n truth or dare." i was confused on where this was going.
"truth?" he looked down and fumbled with his fingers. he looked back at me softly. "will you be my girlfriend?" i was shocked.
an image of mike asking me the same question popped into my head. we were alone. i was the happiest girl in the whole world. i was somehow even happier now.
"of course! are you kidding?" we both smiled. and he held me in his arms once again. we looked out at the others. "what the fuck just happened?!" richie laughed nervously.
stan started slow clapping. "i knew both of you had feelings each other for weeks. when did you find out?"
"last night....." we both laughed. "i'm h-happy for you." bill spoke. i nodded and smiled.
after we finished playing, we decided to eat dinner. there were pizzas on the counter bills mom got us. i ate a full slice! ever since eddie and i became friends, i've been eating more. he helped. he didn't get upset when i didn't eat like the boys in indiana. he encouraged me to eat and got very happy when i ate more than he expected.
we talked and gossiped for a bit. eventually, it became 8pm.
we put on a horror movie. i'm not sure what it was called, but it was about zombies. we all laid down and set up pillows. richie and stan laid at opposite end of the main couch. bill slept on the recliner. eddie and i shared an air mattress.
"girlfriend." eddie said softly.
"boyfriend." i said repeating him.
"i like the sound of that. a lot. you're my first girlfriend, so i know i'm not as special to you. i just want you to understand how much you mean to me. since the day we met i knew how special you were. i know i'll never be as good as mike or have as much meaning, but i seriously do think you are the best thing that's happened to me."
"eds, you are my boyfriend right now. forget about mike. you are my favorite person in the whole wide world. no, certain things won't be my first, but they will be the best. i'm so happy that you are the person i'm spending my time with right now."
"you know i'm still awake right?" stan spoke.
"oh my god no! you all looked asleep?"
"they fell asleep, i didn't." he laughed at my embarrassment.
"whatever stan, goodnight." i laughed.
eddie held me from behind and whispered, "goodnight girlfriend."
"goodnight boyfriend." he kissed the back of my head.
he really is my favorite person in the world.