chapter seven

eddie and i made our way to his house. i was very tired. between christmas break and my trip to derry, i haven't woken up early in a long time.
we pulled up seeing our moms conversing in my yard. eddie yelled to them, "we are going to do homework upstairs." they both smiled and nodded.
something about mrs k. didn't settle right with me, but i let it slide. obviously she realized a nice boy.
we sat down and began to study for the test. it was just vocabulary, and i knew most of the terms.
"okay y/n, last one. what's the shape of dna called?"
     "ummm, double helix?"
      "yes!! you got it. two hours later, we are both 100% prepared."
      mrs kaspbrak opened the door. "would you guys like to come down and have dinner? y/n, your mom said it's okay."
       i said yes and thanked her. we made our way down. instead of eating at the dining room table like at my house, mrs k took her dinner to the TV. eddie made me a plate and said we could sit at the table.
      we talked about random things. space, school, hawkins. he seemed to like the thought of hawkins a lot. he loved hearing stories about the party.
     "eddie, you should come to hawkins with me next time i go! the boys would love you."
      he smiled and blushed. "yeah maybe. my mom literally loves you, so she wouldn't have a problem with it."
we continued to eat our dinner and talk. soon, there was a ring at the door. eddie opened it to see my mother. "hey y/n, lets get home. you have school tomorrow." it was fun for one day, but now i'm ready for summer.
i went to say my thank yous and goodbyes to mrs k. she smiled. i went to eddie and did the same. i gave him a hug, and he had an odd longing expression on his face. i ruffled his hair and he smiled. "bye y/n/n. i'll be over in the morning for school."
my mother and i began to walk back over to my house. the feeling i felt around eddie reminded me of something, or someone. almost of mike? i was literally in love with mike, and i just met eddie this week. i'm getting ahead of myself.
"i can tell u like eddie. a lot. you acted the same way around mike. it's something in your eyes."
we walked into the house and sat down on the couch. i began to lightly cry. eddie was so sweet to me. i've never felt this way before, even with mike, but i loved mike so much. i missed him. i missed all of them. i don't know why i couldn't have just stayed there? yes, i'm thankful for the losers, but it will never be the same. i miss mike's goodbye kisses. i miss wills d&d games. i miss dustins laugh. i miss lucas yelling at me for falling over the table. i miss feeling really apart of a group.
my mom knew exactly how i felt, i didn't even need to say anything. i just began to cry in her arms. after awhile, i leaned back and suddenly fell asleep.
the next three weeks went pretty normal. i got an 100 on my science test!! so far, i have A's in all my classes. my mom was so proud of how i've been doing, she decided to take me and the losers to get dinner.
we went to mcdonalds. eddie and i have been begging her to get us chicken nuggets for the past two weeks. she picked us all up in her SUV, but still didn't tell us why. their parents knew, of course, but we were very confused.
eddie and i played ispy in the very back. bill sat in the front with my mom, where they talked about various movies. stan and richie sat in the middle fighting over some dumb word search.
my mom spoke up. "okay guys. everyone listen up, especially my two little ding dongs in the back."
eds and i pretended to be hurt while the others laughed. "since y/n has had amazing grades, and you all are what makes her happiest, i've decided to take u all to mcdonalds. some of u might think that's not a great surprise, but i know two little kiddos who are going to be very excited."
eddie and i looked at each other. "FINALLY SOME FREAKING CHICKEN NUGGETS!!" i yelled. eddie was laughing so hard, but was also visibly excited. the other three were a bit confused, but still thanked my mom.
we pulled up, and eddie decided to give me a piggy back ride. bill scoffed for some reason. he said something like "does she let go of him," under his breath. whatever i just want some fucking food.
my mom ordered for us all. we just got chicken nuggets, fries, and cokes.
eddie and i couldn't be more excited. my mom got the camera out of her pocket and decided it would be a good picture time.
bill, stan, and richie were on one side of the booth. after my mom stood, eddie and me were on the other. "say cheese!!"
i posed putting french fries behind eddies head like bunny ears. my mom laughed. "that's a good one!"
by the time we finished eating, she showed us the developed picture. i loved it. apart of me wanted to cry, but i refrained. stan would say something like "jeez y/n, you don't like us that much." even though i really did.
my mom dropped everyone off at their own homes. it was a friday night, february 4th to be exact,  so eddie and i didn't not want to separate. it's almost been a month since i moved here. he was my best friend. i admitted to myself weeks ago i had a crush on him, but we were so close i don't know what would happen. i don't think he likes me that way, and i have come to terms with that.
        i was interrupted by eddie fake crying.             
       "pleaaseeeeee mrs y/l/n!!! i think y/n and i should have a sleepover."
      my mom chuckled. "eddie. you guys have had a sleepover every friday and saturday since we moved here. aren't you sick of her?" i thought the same thing. we slept at my house on fridays and his on saturdays. it's basically routine now. some of the other losers tend to get mad, but we invited them two times!! that's a lot.
        eddie said "of course not!" my mom obviously agreed to eds staying over. she knew it was going to happen anyway. we pulled in my driveway, while eddie ran over to tell his mother. he came back with a VHS tape of "Peter Pan." i knew we had to watch it.
       we walked inside and sat down on the couch. he put the tape in the VCR. my mom got us pillows and blankets. we put the pillows behind us, and shared the same large comforter we did at our first sleepover. as my mom went to sleep, i began to fall into eddie.
       laying on his chest i felt butterflies, but i also felt completely normal. i loved our relationship, but i sometimes longed for something more. i came out of my trance when he whispered, "are we sleeping here or in your room?" my mom didn't mind if we stayed in my room because we were both way too innocent.
       i was dozing off and responded, "can we stay here?" he agreed and cuddled into me. my heart jumped. i must have been acting weird because he asked me if everything was okay. i sighed.
      "eddie, it's been a month since i moved here right?" he confusingly agreed.
       "did you know i've had a crush on you since the first day we met?" i said it so casually. i was shocked, and so was he. he began to get nervous and didn't know what to say. "it's okay, i know you didn't feel the same."
        "y/n, it's- it's not that. at ALL. i'm just really fucking happy right now." i laughed.
      "you dork, why are you happy if you don't like me like that."
       "y/n/n, i like you with my whole heart. the day we met, i thought you were so kind and beautiful. throughout the time we've been friends, you've became my literal favorite person."
       i sighed in relief and looked at him with a smile. suddenly, a crazy idea popped into my head. "eddie, can i try something? i don't know how you or i will feel about it."
        "literally anything. i could not be happier."
        i slowly leaned in and pecked him on the lips.
he kissed back almost immediately. it couldn't have lasted more than three seconds, being as it was a first kiss.
        it didn't feel that way with mike. mikes lingered with lust and things i didn't want. this was passionate. this was filled with magic in a way. it felt like walking into disney world and seeing the castle. it felt like fire works late at night on the fourth of july. he just looked at me with shock.
       not for a second did i think he didn't feel the same way. in the moment, we were so connected. it's like the world fell apart in an instant, but in a good way.
       he pulled me back in so we were laying down again. he kissed the top of my forehead. he did this a lot, but today it was better. it was like the end to the beautiful moment we just had. "goodnight eds."
       "goodnight y/n/n."
       with that, i began to think while he doze off.
anyone who has seen eddie would never think of him like this. all soft and cute. even the losers don't really see this side of him. when were with them, were play fighting, calling each other names, and joking around almost the whole time.
       when were alone, we are so much different. were cuddling, watching movies, having moments like these that the losers would make fun of us for.
       they love to say i cant get off of him. they don't even know. they just see the piggy back rides and bike rides to school. richie would be throwing up right now if he saw us.
       people at school will kill us if we date. i've earned the reputation of a loser. at first, everyone wanted to be friends with me. boys thought i was hot, girls thought i was cool. now, they call me a whore when i diss their plans.
         they always joke about how i'm having sex with the losers. that's gross, i am fifteen years old. i could never. they joke about how eddies gay because he's never done anything with a girl. well look at him now!!
        he's just not like other boys. he actually cares. guys admit their feelings the day they meet someone, have sex with them, and never talk again. to me, this month was so hard not admitting my feelings, and obviously was for him too.
         i dreamed of the word "boyfriend" moving from mikes name to eddies. with that, i drifted off to sleep.