Chapter 2

I take the gold envelopes and traces my name on both envelopes. There are a lot of things that come to my thought like, why these two envelopes have my name on it? What does this mean? Will I have two husbands or what? Did they make a mistake two give two envelopes to me? Besides a lot of thought, there were also mixed feelings when I saw the gold envelopes. I cannot and do not what to think anymore.

"Adam, I want to go outside right now. I want to take fresh air to clear my mind," I said to Adam with heavy feelings and thought about the matter happens today.

"Okay, take care of yourself. Do not think too much and accept this with open heart and mind," advised Adam to me.

I just nod to him and go outside to my private place, which is the rooftop of the dorm for kids. Actually, the rooftop is the prohibited place for any kid to go and because of that I always go to the rooftop when I stress about the school and need some fresh air to calm the mind or I want to be alone from everyone. This rooftop is a good place to take a rest from reality.

I walk towards the stairs located at the ends of the building and climb up the stairs quickly to reach the rooftop. I open the rooftop door and go to the end of the rooftop and sit on the edge of the building rooftop. I take out that two envelopes from my school blazer and open one of envelopes. The first thing I see in the envelope is

 The first thing I see in the envelope is

"Xavier Woods. What a unique name. I hope he is not having a unique personality and habit or God please help me." I said to myself. I put aside the envelope and open another envelope. It contains the same verse as before but just my soulmate name different.

I hold both envelopes side by side while smiling and mentioning their names over and over again so that my heart and brain will be familiar with my soulmate's names and accept them in my life

I hold both envelopes side by side while smiling and mentioning their names over and over again so that my heart and brain will be familiar with my soulmate's names and accept them in my life. When I read back the date for the marriage registration, I was really surprised because the date is tomorrow. I do not have many times to do preparation for myself and I feel restless and anxious when the event that will happen tomorrow. I do not know what to do anymore. I take a deep breath of fresh air and let go and just hope that tomorrow will be fine.

 I take a deep breath of fresh air and let go and just hope that tomorrow will be fine

The next day.

I already packed all my things in a large suitcase and put it at the end of the bed. Yesterday, I cannot sleep very well and felt anxious about today event. I tossed and turned a lot on my bed. I was only able to sleep for three hours, and my alarm clock rang precisely at 7 am. My eyes open as I shift from sleep. I get up and go to the bathroom for my morning routine. After freshened myself out, I quickly dressed in suitable clothes for the marriage event today. I wore a white-wing colour shirt, black vest, black bow tie and black trousers. I think these clothes are excellent and satisfied enough for the marriage. After dress up, I am making my hair and using a hair gel to looks more presentable.

I look myself in a mirror and admire myself for how well I look now. I chuckle when I thought about myself that way.

'You can do it, Oliver. This is what you want in your life. This is what you dream about. All is well,' I said to myself to reduce anxiety and nervousness that is in me.

Before I go to the Registration Department, I take the last look of the dorm building and sigh heavily. I feel so sad that I have to leave this house after so long living here and I also have to leave my best friend, Adam. I did not tell him goodbye in this morning because I do not want him to feel sad. 'Goodbye, Adam. Until we meet again in the future.'