Chapter 12

Xavier's POV

My alarm clock rang beside my bed as I regained my consciousness. I moved slowly switching my alarm clock off. I was glancing to the alarm clock, and I saw a bright red at 7.30 pm glaring at me. I woke up slowly and started to get ready for today's classes. I had a quick shower and changed into my clothes. I grabbed my bag; I shoved all my courses books into it before heading to the kitchen. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed an apple from the bowl and took a bite. After that, I walked out of the apartment, heading to my classes.

I have three classes, two in the morning and another one in the afternoon. After I finished all my classes for today, I began to head over to the rooftop of my faculty and sat on the bench that was indeed there. I took out my earphone, connected to my phone and played some songs. While listening to songs, suddenly my phone vibrated, and it appeared on the screen that there is an incoming message and saw Oliver's name. My eyebrows frown, creating wrinkles on my forehead when I saw his name on my phone screen because this was the first time, he messaged me since our married. So, I opened the message.

I sighed heavily; looking defeated, and then ran my hands through my raven black hair and ruffled it slightly in frustration; placed my phone back in my pocket

I sighed heavily; looking defeated, and then ran my hands through my raven black hair and ruffled it slightly in frustration; placed my phone back in my pocket. I need some time to think about whether I want to go or not.

Flashback

'Goodbye, Xavier.'

I heard a soft whisper in the back out my mind and felt a soft, warm, hand stroked my cheek. The room was covered in sunlight when I woke up. My eyes fluttered open; reached my hand across the mattress, expecting to find Aiden laying beside me but the bed was empty. I swung my legs over the edge of the bed, looking around the empty room.

Waking up, I remembered what Aiden and I had done last night. I looked underneath the blanket, I noticed I dressed in my shorts and t-shirt. 'Maybe Aiden cleaned and dress me before he goes,' thought my mind.

When my mind thought of Aiden and gold envelope, I suddenly felt heartbroken; felt wanted to scream with frustration and anger. I was so sad because Aiden and I needed to break up from our relationship and would be married to another person. 'Why fate is almost, always cruel and unfair? Is not we did love each other? We have been in a relationship for almost five years. Why the system did not recognise us as soulmate to each other? Although we are already known about our promise, I still feel disappointed with the decision of the system. This shows that we are not soulmate, and our five-year relationship is just in vain. This is so frustrating.'

On that day, I did not do anything and just lie on the bed, stared up at the ceiling. I lie alone with only the thoughts in my mind. I lost my appetite and forgot to eat because I was so into the thoughts in my mind.

The next morning

I woke up from my bed and went to the bathroom to prepare myself for the marriage ceremony later. I was having trouble sleeping last night. When I stood in front of the mirror, I can see dark circles under my eyes; it quite bad, and people can know that I did not sleep well. So, I decided to use concealer to cover dark circles under my eyes. After I finished with the make-up, I wore a three-piece black tuxedo for the ceremony and made my hair to look presentable.

After I arrived at the church, I sat down on the rearmost bench, and it was a bit hidden from other people's view. I closed my eyes after I took a brief look at my surrounding and ignored all things that happened and waited until my name being called by the officer.

After a few hours, my name was being called by the officer. So, I got up from my seat and walked to the front with a bored face in the hope that this ceremony can finish quickly. When I already stood in front of the Priest, I can feel a pair of eyes lingered on me, and it quite bothered me, so I looked at his direction. When our eyes made eye contact, I looked at his eyes as if I can see into his soul and he can see mine. We did not keep a hold of eyes contact too long because after that his other soulmate arrived at in front of the Priest and turn his head to look to his right.

His eyes were the first thing that caught my attention. He has a unique eye shape, such pretty cat-shaped eyes. They were soft hazel eyes and shone brightly. I love his hazel eyes. If I stared off into them for too long, I could drown in them as I'd never want to come back up for air. He is shorter than me for a few inches, and it is quite cute.

When my eyes landed at another Oliver's soulmate, I was quite shocked and nervous, but I did not show my surprised face to others. I remained my calm and blank face so that I looked like the presence of Aiden as another soulmate to Oliver did not give effect to me. I looked at the Priest in front of us and focus my attention on the marriage ceremony. 'Oh, that's means Aiden and I have the same soulmate which is Oliver but not soulmate for each other. What a small world? Why Oliver needs to become intermediator between Aiden and I even though we already ended our relationship? What is this means? People indeed say sometimes fate is cruel and unfair. I do not know anymore,' I thought in my mind.

End of flashback