Chapter 7

After my shift ended for today, I changed my uniform to my regular clothes in the locker room that was for employees only, and then I clocked out. I waved toward Amelia, who had a night shift today and said, "See you tomorrow, Amelia. Bye." She just waved back and gave me her big smile. She couldn't respond to my words because there were customers at the cashier that needed to be entertained.

Once out of the cafe, I walked to the bus stop and sat on the bench while waiting for the bus that will arrive for another 15 minutes. While waiting for the bus, my mind was recalled about what happened at the cafe today. The atmosphere inside the cafe became noisy when my husbands get into the cafe. 'They may have been well-known at their university until all customers at that time knew them.'  The feeling I felt at the cafe came back to me as I recalled the closeness between my two husbands. Various questions were playing out in my mind until I didn't know what to do. 'Should I ask them? Or should it not? I have many questions to ask about them, but I don't know whether they will talk with me or not. I want to know them too so that this will be a happy marriage. What should I do?'  I thought to myself and sighed heavily.

I awoke from my daydreaming when the bus stopped in front of me. I boarded the bus and took a seat in the rear. All the way home, I closed my eyes and tried not to think anything else. After I got back, I went straight to my room to wash up because I was going to cook for dinner later. For dinner today, I plan to cook spaghetti with meatballs because it's simple and one of my favourite foods.

Before I start cooking, I wore earphones and put songs on my handphone. While I am cooking, I like to listen to music and follow the lyrics of the songs, and sometimes I would dance if the song played upbeat. While cooking and listening to songs, suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder, I looked back and screamed loudly as I was so shocked and felt my heart almost fall.

"Argh! Aiden, what are you doing here? When you come back? I even didn't hear you," I said with a loud and coarse voice to Aiden while rubbing my chest to ease my heartbeat due to surprise earlier. When I asked Aiden questions, I saw Xavier crosses his arms over his chest and leaned against the kitchen door and made an amused face.

"Relax, Oliver. Nothing. I just want to say hi to you, but it looks like you are busy and do not hear whatever I said. Xavier and I just got back. What are you doing? I do not know you like to sing and dance," said Aiden as he raised both his hands, signifying that he surrendered. 'It's not like you know anything about me,'  I muttered under my breath.

"Oh, okay! Right now, I cook for dinner. It only a few minutes to finish the dishes. I will call you both if the dinner is ready," I said with a big smile to get rid of awkwardness that was suddenly present in the kitchen. Aiden just nodded, and he and Xavier left me alone in the kitchen to make room for me to finish my cooking. After they left me alone, I quickly resumed cooking and served foods on the table. Then, I went to my room to wash up my face and change into clean clothes.

At the dining table...

After I called my husbands for dinner, I took a seat next to Xavier and in front of Aiden. We continued without any sound between us and the sound of plates, spoons, and forks. I enjoyed my food, sometimes stole a side glance to see the reaction of my husbands, but they just eat quietly, enjoying the food that I have prepared. After dinner, I brought the dirty dishes to the sink to wash. After finished washing dishes, I noticed they were gone from the dining table, and then I cleaned up the table. 'Maybe they're in the living room. Maybe I should make them some coffee,' said I in my thought.

After making three cups of coffee, I brought the three cups to the living room. As I expected, they'll be in the living room to watch whatever programs that aired on television.