5. Still by my side

'Hi. I'm Elsa Gardner, I'm looking for my daughter Casey.'

'Come with me' said a doctor that was walking towards them. Elsa and Izzie followed her to a room where Casey was sleeping. 'She's in a coma, she was hit by a car.'

'Oh my- Is she going to be okay?' asked Elsa worried.

'It's really probable, she's in a medically induced coma until her broken ribs cure. The pain could kill her if she's awake' answered the doctor. Then, she left the room.

Izzie was shocked, all of this happened because of her, because she lied to Casey. It was her fault. She started overthinking but Elsa interrupted her.

'I have to call Doug and Sam, can you stay with her?'

'Of course' before Elsa left the room Izzie added 'she'll be fine, our girl is strong.' Elsa left and Izzie sat by Casey's side. 'I read that people in comas can hear... But I don't even know what to say. I'm so so sorry Casey and I know you're sick of my apologizing and that it won't fix anything but I just need to say it' Izzie held Casey's hand hesitant. 'I'm sorry for having treated you like shit when you got in Clayton and after the hell I put you through, you are still by my side and I never said thanks' Izzie made a long pause 'or I love you...'

Elsa entered the room, overhearing those last three words.

'Doug is picking up Sam, they'll be here soon. Do you mind...?'

'Not at all' Izzie left the room and Elsa walked towards Casey.

'I always loved watching you sleep, you used to hug Sam when he couldn't...' Elsa took Casey hand 'I know you're dating Izzie, I knew since you birthday party. I'm proud of you honey, and all that you've achieved, and I'm not giving up on you... Neither is Izzie. So please come back and talk things through because the love you feel for each other is worth fighting for!'

Izzie thought Evan deserve to know, plus, she needed to get out of there or she was going to break into a million pieces so when Doug and Sam arrived, she excused herself. She went to Don's, and found him at the bar.

'Hey' she said hesitant, thinking Evan would hate her.

'Izzie' answered, more gently than she thought. 'What can I get you?'

'I'm not here to have something, we need to talk.'

'Sure, what is it?'

'It's... Casey, she got... hit by a car'

'What? Is she okay?'

'In a coma' Izzie couldn't hold it back anymore and bursted into tears, 'I'm so sorry, it's all my fault.'

'Hey, hey, it's no one's fault, okay?' Evan sat next to her. 'Why would i be your fault anyway?'

'...' Izzie tried to explain but the words wouldn't come out of her mouth. 'I— I can't'

'It's fine. Let's do something, go to the bathroom, wash your face, breath... we'll talk later, okay?'

Izzie nodded wiping her tears with her sleeve. She went to the bathroom and stood in front of the mirror and then Nate came in.

'Izzie' You okay?'

'Oh Nate...' and again, she was crying on her ex's shoulder. Nate had pulled into a hug while he listened to what happened to Casey. 'It'll be fine... Good thing is...' he placed his hands on Izzie's hips '...she can't stop us now' he leaned for a kiss and Izzie freaked out.

'What the hell are you doing?' she yelled pushing him (or trying to).

'Oh c'mon! For old times sake, I know you want to' he said with perv face. Izzie tried to escape his arms but he was stronger.

'Get off me.'

'Just one kiss'

'Let. Me. Go. Izzie tried to get rid of him. 'I said—'

'Let go. She said let go'

'Evan, buddy! Wanna join us?' he said playfully.

'There is no "us", she maid it clear... asshole.'

A/N:

Hey! I'm sorry I didn't update in a while. Anyway, I wanted to thank you for reading this. Even though I haven't updated in a while, you are still by my side, supporting me so Thank You So Much.