8. Nate

Casey woke up on her bed. She went down to the kitchen and found Izzie cooking.

'Hey, you' she said. She hugged her and gave her a kiss.

'How did you sleep?' Izzie asked.

'Well, I'm getting used to that furnace body of yours'

'Shut up' she said giggling.

"Are you nervous?" Casey asked

"Not really," Izzie said. "Are you?"

"Nope. I'm terrified"

"Well... This might help" She said as she showed a pile of pancakes.

"You're the best" Casey kissed her and started eating two at the same time.

"I know".

They had breakfast together and laughed. After leaving the house, Casey wasn't that terrified because she knew that no matter what, Izzie was by her side. On the other hand, our no last name girl was far away from confidence. She saw her body as a bunch of garbage, she felt garbage herself. She couldn't stop blaming herself going over what happened time and time again. A hand on her leg brought her back to reality.

"Hey, everything will be fine. I promise". Izzie smiled, she appreciated Casey's effort to make her feel better even when she knew everything was going to fall apart soon or late. "Do you want to do this? We can always turn it down and spend the rest of our lives living on a farm".

"You're an idiot" She answered giggling.

"But I'm your idiot". They got out of the car and walked to the running field hand in hand.

-

"I don't know, Newton... seems like enemy territory," Izzie said. They both shared a knowing look.

"I survived a car accident and you survived without me, I think we can do this". Izzie nudged Casey playfully.

"I gotta go to the toilet, call me if they mention us". Izzie left putting a smile on her face that hid all the overwhelming emotions she was feeling at the moment. She really wanted to be okay but... She had given into anxiety the moment they stepped out of that car. She stumbled through the crowded place, following the signs to the toilets. Her breathing fastened with every second. Too many people, she thought. There was too many people.

She started feeling dizzy again. It was an agonising feeling. She felt unbearable pressure on her chest. Somehow she made it to the toilet and as she entered, the four walls started getting closer and closer. She was lost. She didn't know what to do, where she was. Seconds felt like minutes, minutes felt like hours and hours felt... Like eternity. It seemed to her she had been trapped between those four walls for so long. She could hear the noise outside. There were teenagers laughing and running, someone's phone was ringing and they wouldn't pick up. She was losing her mind right when what seemed like miracle showed up.

Her girlfriend busted in, phone in her hand, to find her on the floor, completely broken. Everything did fall apart.

"Hey, I'm here, okay? It's me. It's Newton". She took her into a comforting yet tight hug, just like she did when Sam was in a crisis. "Everything is fine. I got you". She shushed whispering to her "I'm here. I got you". Nothing seemed to work, Izzie had a lost look I'm her eyes, she was still breathing heavily. Casey called her mom immersed in desperation, looking for advice on panic and anxiety attacks.

"Control her breathing," she said. "Let her calm down in her own way but control her breathing. Breathe with her". Elsa's advice was more useful than Casey would ever admit and after a few breathings and crying, Izzie seemed to be back to reality.