chapter 6 origin story

(This takes place 6 months before the war started 3rd person p.o.v)

There were whispers of a war about to start. All over Fiore mages, citizens and traders told stories about a new country about to call a war on Fiore. One mage was sent from each of the four main guilds in order to spy on this new country. To see if this war was going to take place.

From Fairy Tail, they were told to send their Celestial Mage Lucy

From Sabertooth, They were told to send their White Dragon Slayer Sting

From Lamia Scale, they were told to send their ice mage Lyon Vasta

Finally, from blue Pegasus, they were told to send Eve.

They entered the meeting room of the Magic counsel and bowed to their superior.

Lyon stood behind Lucy as she was the only one he knew, and in return, she was angled towards him. Sting was separated from the group but closest to Lucy who he knew through Natsu. Eve was attempting to stand near Lucy as well but was pushed towards the back.

" As I am sure you have heard..." The grand doma began and everyone stiffened and gave their attention to the master of this room. Everyone's mind went towards the war that was supposed to happen later in the year.

" Fiore is about to head to war" He finished and everyone in the room stilled. Sting was pale yet his eyebrows were furrowed in determination. Lucy had felt as if someone had punched her in the stomach. They were going to war with a mysterious continent said to have double the power of the Alcatraz Empire. Lyon pressed his lips into a thin line. Eve was the one who asked the questions they were dreading.

" Not to be rude Grand Doma, but why are we here?" Eve asked already dreading the answer along with the rest of the room.

" You 4 have been chosen to determine if this place is a real threat," Grand Doma said and the room erupted. Sting started questioning the Grand Doma asking why they were chosen. Lucy took a step back and was wondering the same as Sting. Why not Natsu or Gray? She admits that she has gotten stronger, but this is over her head. Lyon and Eve paled and didn't speak a word.

Grand Doma put his hand up and the room looked at him. Sting was glaring daggers at the master of the room and the faces of the rest were perfectly blank.

" You were chosen because all of you missed the last Grand Magic games so the enemy has no chance of knowing who you are." He finished and everything made sense.

Sting was a guild master so he wasn't able to participate.

Lucy was injured from an S class mission along with Gray.

Eve wasn't feeling up participating this year.

Lyon wasn't going because Gray wasn't going.

" You will be leaving in groups of two... not to worry your guild masters were just notified and Minerva will be taking Stings place for now" Grand Doma continued.

The atmosphere of the room instantly changed to stiff and excitement.

" Lucy and Sting will be group one posing as a sibling pair. They will head to the capital called Elden. Next, we have Eve and Lyon who will pose as cousins. They will stay in the harbor zone". The teams made eye contact with the other member of their group. Sting and Lucy nodded towards the other, while Eve and Lyon high fived.

" You leave right now" Grand Doma states and is met with another uproar.

"You will be gone for 3 months new clothe that does not define you as citizens of Fiore will be given to you as you are teleported to your destination." Grand Doma continued. The mages could no nothing but stand still as shock coursed through their bodies until Lucy stood up.

"Let's do this" She stated with the famous Fairy tail sign and walked after The Grand Doma with three confused mages after her.

When they enter the room they were given new clothes and told to change in a changing room.

Lucy was given a Navy knee-length dress with a sweetheart neckline

Lyon was wearing a simple white t-shirt with a pair of jeans.

Eve was wearing a blue T-shirt with a jacket and jeans.

Sting was wearing a simple button-up with black pants

" Your apartments are already bought You will be teleported directly to them. Due to your safety, you will not be allowed communication with your loved ones" Grand Doma continued and you could see the effect that had on the mages. 3 months without talking to their family was their breaking point.

Lucy and Sting were teleported to an apartment and looked towards the window and their eyes widened in awe.

Lucy sighed thinking about how Natsu would destroy this town in about five seconds flat

Lucy sighed thinking about how Natsu would destroy this town in about five seconds flat. It seems as if Sting read her thoughts because he began to laugh.

" Natsu-san could destroy this place in seconds huh" he stated and she laughed.

" There is a letter on the desk" Sting continued and passed the letter to Lucy who read the letter out loud.

" You both have jobs to do in this city. Magic will be only used in an Emergency. Lucy's name is Layla Heart and she is a journalist for a workplace called Love Letter's. Sting name will be Wess Heart and he will be a bartender at the inn Sunlight Class. You will collect the information and write it down in a journal that will be turned in to the Magic counsel when you return. You two are siblings from the Alverez Empire that are moving from their abusive parents " Lucy read and looked as if she was about to kill someone by the end of the letter. Sting was in the same boat.

" The Alverez Empire are you kidding me" Sting yells and Lucy is clenching her fist.

The days after that went by smoothly. Sting and Lucy developed an actual brother-sister relationship. Lucy and Sting teased each other about their crushes on Yukino and Natsu. Sting even went as far as to claim that he will be the godfather.

Needless to say, his coworkers asked why he had a huge bruise the next day. As a journalist, Lucy was able to get a lot of information about the upcoming war, and as a bartender Sting heard a lot from drunken soldiers, which regularly patrolled the area.

After the 3 months had past Sting walked Lucy back to the guild. She was welcomed the second she came in but before anyone could get close to her Sting pushed her into Natsu and screamed: " Get Some" and ran away. Lucy started to blush and hid in the Master's office for the rest of the day.