Dreaming

Charlotte pov 

Saturday morning and having nothing planned has got to be a blessing in disguise literally, not having to wake up early to a sound of a alarm clock sounds like an idea I could get used too. Instead I'm snoozing till noon and being lazy like anyone else, I know I shouldn't get used to this but how can you not, all my life I have been getting up early and making goals that I kept improving and now I have no goals or spirit to get out of bed, this isn't me anymore. 

"Lottie, your cousins will be here soon" I hear my grandad yell to me from downstairs, it be wrong for me to say I forgot they was coming but I completely forgot, sometimes the little details about who's coming around just goes straight over my head however I'm sure they don't mind me sleeping in as they could always stay a little longer till I finally climb out of bed. 

"Coming" I shout back lazily still lying in bed, I would move but I'm in that comfy position that you don't want to move from however I don't move for another ten minutes but I don't fancy being squashed by my cousins, the thoughts of that makes me jump to my feet as they are heavier then they look. The last time I refused to get out of bed I think all of them jumped on me and just stayed there till I waved the white flag, the cousins are evil but I love them, most times. 

I quickly put on my shorts and a t-shirt before running downstairs and taking my seat on the sofa before everyone takes them all, I would be sat there first but they always say 'on your feet, lose you seat' I honestly don't think it works like that but who am I to say otherwise. I'm too focused on telly that I never heard them knock, they can be silent when they want to and loud when they want something. 

"Hello" I hear someone shout from the front door and before I have a chance to shout back, I have everyone jumping on me crushing my small body with there heavy ones, I knew I should have stayed in bed a little longer at least then I would have heard them run upstairs before jumping on me and I could have hidden. 

"Come on guys, I can't breath" I yell but they all start laughing for a couple of minutes before finally getting off the top of me and letting me breath properly which is a sign of relief as I could barely feel my own lungs, if they could talk they would have been screaming like me right now on the inside. 

"You missed us kiddo" my oldest cousin Hayden says, he's only older by 3 years making him 21, he always calls me kiddo for some reason and I literally I hate it. He could call me anything else but kiddo has stuck with him and I just think its because he sees me as a little kid which I haven't been for a long time, I'm all gown up. 

"Sure, if you can call it that. How long you staying for?" I ask, they live a few hours away so sometimes they spend a week here as it's easier then driving back and forth, they hate driving back and forth just like I hate being jumped on. 

"We are staying all week little one" my uncle says, holding his arms out for me, he always wanted a daughter but he got all 4 boys unluckily but he has always treated me like the daughter he hoped for but my dad always got jealous as he didn't want to share his little girl with anyone even his brother.

****

It's been two days since the family have arrived here and they have pretty much taken over the house, who knew they could be so messy, you couldn't walk a couple of steps before walking into someone or there shit they leave on the floor. We are currently watching a movie cuddle up together on the sofa and it's almost midnight, I'm fighting my eye lids to stay away but I'm drifting off to sleep....

"You better be recording, I want to catch this win on record" mother tells father who's got the camera in his hand, messing round with buttons but mother has a her favourite look on her face when something isn't going to plan, she wants everything to be perfect and this too her has to be.