Date

Entering the car i make sure my dress isn't rising up i don't want to embarrass myself already but give me some time and I reckon i will as i have a habit of fucking everything good up in my life without even trying, I'm just unlucky part of the times. Me and Darren attempt small talk as he drives us to our date which I'm assuming is dinner date but Darren isn't giving me any hints, I'm way to curious that I didn't feel his hand on my knee, he gives it a little sneeze before changing gears and then back to my leg, just with a little touch I'm getting nervous. Looking out the window I'm trying to guess where we going but i cant not until we pull into a car park. Darren is the first to climb out before rushing over to my side and opening the door for me like a perfect gentleman, i sure know how to pick them, proud moment. Accepting his hand as Darren helps me out the car i look at the surrounding but Darren heads to the boot and pulls out a basket, is that a picnic basket....

Walking hand in hand while we we walk on the sand I follow Darren lead as he takes us to a spot with candles and a blanket, this is romantic I didn't think Darren would be like this, the picnic is under the stars and by the ocean i couldn't ask for aa more perfect first date, he knows me so well already. Taking a seat opposite Darren i have a massive smile on my face, I'm genuinely happy right at this moment that nothing could ruin the mood. F0r the first time in a long time since my parents no one could make me smile like Darren and i'm glad he's here, I'm finally moving on, my heart is slowly fixing it self. I would never forget my parents but i will forget the accident that took them way and replace that memory with only good ones.
"This is perfect, how you know I'll like something like this" i ask Darren looking at him, he might not know me on a personal level yet but i feel like he does, he has me nailed, I'm not a fancy restaurant type but more of a chilled type.
"Watching you and your love for the ocean i thought it be the perfect first date, somewhere where your comfortable" Darren says linking our fingers, i didn't know he was always watching me although i do have a love for the ocean, I wouldn't off minded a cinema date, i like it just being the two of us, he's perfect already.

As we talk I find myself feeling comfort in his company, I didn't know so much about him, why he's surfing or why he moved up here with my cousin but apart of me is glad he did, we both open up top each other, he even told me about his dad when he passed, he stopped surfing butt eventually got back on the board and it got me thinking, maybe its time he heard the story.
"I won nationals and we was on the way to get ice cream, me and mum was singing in the car having a laugh when a truck moved on our lane trying to over pass a car, my dad didn't see it till it was too late. My parents died on impact, but me i made it out with being in a coma for a couple of months. When i was discharged I begged them to come back and asked myself why me, i didn't understand any of it. I wanted to take my own life but a part of me knew I couldn't, i couldn't do that to my family. I have nightmares most nights of the crash and wake up sweating, I didn't know how to move on" I take a minute to breath, i feel a little bit more free talking about the accident and how it changed me, i feel Darren arms come round me, he doesn't say anything, he just holds me tight
"I stopped surfing i couldn't continue without them, they was my number one fans they made every competition and got it on video. A part of me feels like it was my fault they died as if i never went to complete we wouldn't of been in the car in the first place. Just thinking about surfing again made me want to be physical sick" i stop talking, i don't know if i can continue, i miss my parents a lot. Siting and watching the ocean Daren doesn't let go off his grip on me and i feel safe in his arms, I'm happy i told him about the accident as it was really good to talk to someone about it.

Finishing the picnic we lay on our backs and look at the stars there some that are brighter than others but i cant seem to take my eyes of this one, its not the biggest but the star caught my attention and a part of me is hoping its my parents looking down at me proud, proud I'm finally speaking up and not letting the accident ruin my life. Laying on our backs for a hour we both decide it time to head back, packing up we walk hand in hand back to the car slowly, either one of us want this day to end, i have enjoyed myself. Standing at the passenger side of the car lending against it Darren comes over to me closing the gap, I'm hoping he will kiss me. Just standing looking into each other eyes his face is slowly coming closer to mind, we are inches away from each other lips and before I know it our lips have connected and I'm loving every second of it, i wrap my arms around his neck as he deeps the kiss. After a couple of minutes kissing we both pull apart and climb in the car taking our time driving back, I loved his first date and I hope for a second, maybe a movie together in each other arms. On the drive back Darren keeps his hand on my leg, i don't mind I'm quite enjoying him touching me.

Pulling up in front 0f my grandparents house Darren is first out the car again and opening the door for me i could get used to this, holding his hand we walks me to the front door, we both have smiles on our faces, is he going to kiss me again. As i think about his kissing me again both uncles come out there house and stand there watching, I groan to myself i cant believe there about to cock block me like this
"Come on you guys" i say out loud earning a laugh from Darren he doesn't seem to mind the views so i shouldn't either, looking back at Darren i go in for a kiss and i make it a long one just to annoy my uncles for watching and before i know it uncle Steven is dragging Darren into the house with Hayden laughing beside him, maybe next time he wouldn't stand and watch us.