Playlist

Oh, yeah, I wanted to give all of you a playlist. I had some music going on in my head when I wrote some of these scenes. I will give you the track name that I gave it, and then I'll give you the original title, the original composer and what Harry Potter movie it's from. Some of them I will explain, some of them I figured are kind of obvious because of the title I gave them.

Track one: "Diagon Alley" (Inside the Suitcase by James Newton Howard from Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them)

Track two: "Main Titles/Through the Books/Arrival at Hogwarts" (Main Titles Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by James Newton Howard from Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them) This one goes all over the place, really. This one...at the beginning is where you see the WB logo and the title card to "A Winter At Hogwarts" if it were a movie, and the second part where you hear the music to the montage of newspaper clippings, I pictured going through the history books and doing a quick recap about Harry and his adventures at Hogwarts, and how he was the chosen one. Then when the music calms down, I can see the Hogwarts Express pulling into Hogsmeade and me and Zane floating across the river to the castle.

Track three: "Homesick/Day One" (Dumbledore's Army by Nicolas Hooper from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix)

Track four: "Return of the Mirror" (Invisibility Cloak and the Library scene by John Williams from Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone) This one I had in my head when Jazz and I were walking through the trap door areas from the first one, and since that place was dead, no one had touched it in years, the fact that it felt like a graveyard of memories, it needed an eery feel to it, and this music provides just that, especially when we hear "Hedwig's Theme"

Track five: "Winter's Hymn" (Harry in Winter by Patrick Doyle from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire) This one I had in my head when I was writing about the Yule Ball. I remembered when Hermione came down the stairs for the Yule Ball looking as beautiful as ever, I thought it was a great entrance, musically, and I figured Winter deserved just as grand an entrance.

Track six: Big Beat Repeat (This was the original title, and it was from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, but I have no clue who the artist is.) This song plays as one of the songs for the Yule Ball. Actually, if you go into YouTube and look up "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Big Beat Repeat", I'm sure you'll find it.

Track seven: Magic Works by Patrick Doyle from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Again, I kept the original name, because I figured if Hogwarts played a song at the end of every dance, like us muggles play "Don't stop believing" by Journey, then it would be this song.

Track eight: "Winter's Kiss" (A New Beginning by Alexandre Desplat from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2) This song had a vibe from the music I heard when Harry and Cho kissed, so I figured this would be a good song to play during the kiss with Winter.

Track nine: "Broken Friendship" (Ron Leaves by Alexandre Desplat from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1)

Track ten: "Jamie's Obsession" (Professor Umbridge by Nicolas Hooper from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix) This one was in my head when Jamie was spiked with that love potion and was being annoying. I figured "You know what? Who was the most annoying character in the WHOLE series? Umbridge." So I decided to use that track.

Track eleven: "First Quidditch Game" (Ron's Victory by Nicolas Hooper from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince)

Track twelve: "Dementor Roams Free" (Quidditch Third Year by John Williams from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban) This was in my head as the dementor attacked on the quidditch pitch during the final quidditch game.

Track thirteen: "The Patronus" (Wands Into the Earth by James Newton Howard from Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindewald) I had this one in my head from the moment I knew what was going to happen at the end of the story. I knew I was going to conjure up a patronus strong enough to send ALL of the dementors away. I knew it was going to be an epic moment, and I knew it was going to need some epic music, so I chose this song.

Track fourteen: "Final Hours" (Loved Ones and Leaving by Nicolas Hooper from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix)

Track fifteen: "The Yellow Sofa" (Ron's Speech by Alexandre Desplat from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1) This was the epilogue music that I chose. I honestly didn't have the epilogue in my head when I was writing the final chapters, but I thought about what some people were saying on the internet, such as "What if at the very end of Harry Potter, it said 'And Harry woke from his sleep once again, staring at the bottom of the stairs" like it was all a dream. So I was like "I kinda want to do that." This music fit perfectly, and I think it closes the story off VERY well.