Chapter 1

"Pennywise will protect you."

Those were the last spoken words that Ana had heard before falling into blissful catatonia, uttered quietly by the guttural voice she had become so accustomed to. Because she had believed them, she felt safe and warm in her dreamy state without an inkling of a single worry. Nightmares were staved off by the reassurance of safekeeping, and even as she dreamed she could sense the embrace of sturdy arms as they kept her snug against a lanky, familiar body.

Sometimes Ana had actual dreams, ones that materialized out of the fabricated memories that had been planted in her when was made human; in them, she saw the people she had previously known to be her parents, her sister, her friends. She even had a few about the university she had supposedly gone to, the sequences complete with classes and a boy she had dated. At other times, it seemed as though she was seeing Pennywise's memories through his viewpoint again, although the images of his ancient hunts weren't nearly as disconcerting as the first time she had been under the spell of the deadlights. Had she been conscious, she may have been concerned about her current state of morality.

Her favorite of Pennywise's recollections were when she was in them. He dreamed often of her, their current connection letting her vividly relive their initial encounters, and their evolving intimacy after all the time spent together in Neibolt house. Even when she was bombarded again with the awfulness of the figures draped in red cloaks threatening to kill her 'family' at the Barrens, she found the memory incredibly satisfying. She could feel the clown's rage as he doled out justice in the form of their brutal deaths, the inner turmoil as he fought every urge not to kill the small red-haired boy, as he knew it would have devastated Ana. As an unknown amount of time continued to march on, Ana's fondness for the cosmic entity intensified through their illuminated union. She felt content, and yet the feeling started to morph into anticipation for the future, particularly the time when they would both awaken from this slumber to be together again.

The dreams and memories played in her mind in a seemingly endless cycle. Most of the time, they presented to her in the exact same way she had seem them before, but on occasion there would be a subtle change to give her something new to experience, however slight it was. It was unsettling then, even in her secure haven, when she suddenly started to see something else.

She was in some sort of building made of white stone, standing in the middle of a large room with a high vaulted ceiling. She saw human-like creatures with glowing skin and colorful hair bustling about, and she knew she was seeing her home, the planet she had been born on and ripped away from not so long ago. It was a universe away, and for the first time since falling under Pennywise's spell, she felt a sense of grief.

At first, it seemed as though she as a mere bystander to some sort of scene that was going to play out, much like when the monks had shown her when she had been pulled away from this dimension. But now one of them was approaching her, and he was looking right at her. He looked more mature than a lot of the other fae that were around, with a full white beard covering his face and thick, wavy white hair to match. He had large, bright blue eyes that almost seemed to glow as they gazed upon her, and he was wearing robes in a rich purple shade rather than the white that all the others in the room were covered in.

"Raanana," he said, his voice silky and kind, "My precious one. How we have missed you." He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into a hug. As she instinctively returned the embrace, she felt something velvety and stiff under her hands. As she pulled away, she noticed that he had sparkling ivory wings folded neatly on his back, an opening in his robes allowing them to show. She wondered how many of the others had them hidden under the white cloth that covered their bodies.