Chapter 6

The deafening music that was thumping throughout the cramped bar swiftly went from enjoyable to down right caustic in Ana's ears as the scene in front of her unfolded, and the inebriated patrons huddled around her that had only just given her a sense of asylum now merely maddened her further. The blonde girl's hand was advancing from Robert's thigh towards his groin, and Ana shoved a man that was standing directly in her path, knocking him into a table and causing a stir among the nearby cluster of college students.

Robert's eyes landed on Ana just as she came to stand right behind the harlot that her hands on him, and the disgruntled brunette wasted no time in gripping the long, bleached ponytail and giving it a hard yank. The girl, obviously not expecting this abrupt assault, let out a high-pitched yowl, her hands that were on Robert now flying up to her head in an attempt to free herself from the painful grasp.

"Hands off the goods, bitch!" Ana snapped, and at first all she cared to observe was Robert's amused expression as she scowled at him in displeasure, but in her periphery she glimpsed scarlet. As she turned her attention back towards the blonde whore, the girl's sneering face was staring back at her. Ana gasped as she noticed the long, pointed teeth outlined by deep purple lips, and the blood that was starting to dry on her ghostly white hands. Ana released her hold on the platinum locks, but she didn't back off at all as she looked the young woman up and down, not daring to show any signs of apprehension.

"This must be the infamous Ana," the girl said, mirroring Ana's eyes as she blatantly moved her eyes from Ana's head to toes and back again. "Dear Robert was just telling me you should be back from relieving yourself soon. Did you get lost?" Her voice was soft and smooth, and the assured, sultry tone that she was speaking in made Ana want to attack her all the more.

"I went out to the alley going after you, actually," Ana replied, folding her arms over her chest. "Tell me, how did it go with disgusting sexual predator you followed out there? Did he beg for his life before you shredded his throat?" Her eyes fell on the girl's bloodied hands with the long, pointed black talons that vaguely resembled manicured nails.

"Why Ana, how do you know that was me?" the girl asked sweetly, batting her eyes like she was an innocent child.

"Well, it sure as hell wasn't me," Ana quipped, and the cocky woman laughed at her.

"No of course not, little fairy, but I bet you wish it had been," she said, cocking an eyebrow at her. "I bet you wish you were capable of such an atrocity. Best leave those sorts of thing up to us." She turned back to Robert then, her hand going to rest on his shoulder, and Ana hastily grabbed her wrist, forcing it back to her leather-clad side.

The goth laughed haughtily then. "You know, for a weak, defenseless little thing, you are feisty!"

"Touch him again," Ana said through clenched teeth, envisioning reaching behind the bar for a knife or anything else sharp and jamming into this being's jugular, "And I'll show you how feisty I can be."

The girl growled at her then, serrated teeth appearing to grow in length as she snarled at her. A bloodstained hand reached for her throat, but was stopped in its tracks by Robert, who had gone to stand between them so quickly that he seemed to not have moved. The expression of hilarity he had previous worn at the start of this interaction was completely gone now, and his own razor-like teeth were starting to make an appearance as he stared at the goth.

"Lamia," he drawled, his towering height and uncompromising glare so menacing that the previously overconfident floozy took a few steps backwards, "Ana is off limits. I'll kill you without a second thought if you try to hurt her." Ana looked at him in bewilderment, not because of his formidable threat, but because he suddenly seemed to know the goth's name. Nonetheless, she smirked in satisfaction as Lamia's demeanor shifted into complete distress, looking almost as if she was going to burst into tears. "Say you understand!" he barked at her then, and her lower lip began to quiver as she looked at him.