Chapter 19

The next morning when Ana showed Pennywise the golden sphere that she had only managed to crack, she had expected the matter of destroying it to be a longer discussion. All she had to say was that it had been used to open a portal to Dulcis, and he had snatched it away from her with his gloved hand.

"But Penny, what if I need to go back there in the future? This is the only safe way for me to do that - "

"There is no reason for you to go back there," he growled in reply. "If we keep it, it only gives the stupid fairies a way to get to you and the baby." Before she could have a chance to protest, his mouth started to open wide, showing his multitude of sharp teeth that were always hiding behind his painted face. He shoved the offending orb into his mouth and bit down hard; Ana shrieked slightly when it seemed to explode and sparks started to fly everywhere. But when her mate was finished, the sphere was nowhere to be found, and Ana felt relief wash over her knowing that it was gone.

"What did it taste like?" Ana teased as the clown sitting across from her at the dining room table brushed what looked like golden sparkles off of his silver costume.

"Nothing like fairy, unfortunately," he grumbled. Ana giggled and reached over to him, pulling out a small piece of glittering gold from his fiery orange hair.

"Do you want to hunt today?" Ana asked as she stood up and headed towards the fridge to get some milk. She was hungry, and cereal was pretty much her only option at the moment, although she seemed to be craving something she couldn't quite put her finger on.

"No time," Pennywise replied shortly, and Ana furrowed her brow as she looked at him in surprise.

"What do you mean, no time?" she asked, slamming the fridge door shut, completely forgetting to grab the carton of milk out.

"I'm leaving today. Soon. When I know you're settled in the house." He looked contemplative, and he was mumbling as he replied to her, as if his thoughts were on something more important than their current conversation.

Ana's mouth fell open, and she walked back over to the table, starting to feel panicked. "Penny, what in the hell are you talking about?" He didn't answer her right away, and his golden gaze was fixed on the empty air in front of him. "Hey!" Ana cried, placing her hands on his shoulders, and he shook his head slightly as he seemed to suddenly realize that she was trying to get his attention.

"The other entities, sweet girl. All of them must die."

"You're going to kill all of them?" she asked in disbelief.

"Yes. All of them."

"That sounds dangerous!" she said, and Pennywise wrapped his long arms around her to pull her into his lap.

"I'll be fine, sweet girl."

"But, what if they have some power over you like Lamia had?"

"They won't have the chance to use them. I wasn't thinking about killing her even when I met her. That's why she had her chance to use her little mind games." It was refreshing for Ana to hear the cosmic entity finally speak of Lamia's powers for what they were, to acknowledge the hold she had over him.

"Why now, Penny? Why not wait for them to come here and then deal with them?"

"I'm not giving them a chance to come here," he replied, his voice dripping with malice as he spoke of the potential threats. "They have to be destroyed before they catch wind of my offspring."

Ana smiled as she settled her head into the crook of his neck. "I'm liking this overly-protective side of you."

"It's amusing that you find this arousing," he said, kissing the top of her head. "When Pennywise gets back, we'll take advantage of that."