Pizza with Friends

Edit: I made some art for this chapter!

Bitey had just gotten done with another day of work at Chomper Pizza. It's always hard to find the customers since he had to follow their scent trail to their homes.

     Bitey felt sympathy for the Chomper race, all being blind with no eyes, yet heightened abilities and a "sixth sense" having replaced vision, being able to sense where objects and living things are through the environment. He hung up his rocket pack and hat, put on his scarf, then headed out the door and locked it. He was never terribly good with his sixth sense like all the chompers who go out to battle. Bitey mostly relied on his sense of smell.

     What was he going to do now? He wondered. He started heading over to the soccer field that was just behind Chomper Pizza.

"Bitey! Come watch the game with us!" Bitey heard his friend, Gabriela the fire cactus, call out to him.

"Sure thing, just lemme get over there first," He chuckled, then nestled his face into his scarf. There was a cold fall coming up and he didn't want to get leaf-rot.

     He pranced up to his usual spot, being so used to the path that he didn't need to rely on any senses, just his memory. But suddenly there was something different. Very different. Before Bitey could slow down, (he was used to running so fast) he ran right over a poor foot soldier who was watching the game.

"God! What the hell you blind-sighted Chomper!" The soldier yelled out in a frenzy. Bitey quickly got off of him, sputtering an apology, then sinking his roots into the soil to get a better idea of where everything was.

"Hey! Don't say that stuff about Bitey! He can see just as much as you if not more!" Gabriela had shouted, getting down from the stand. Bitey could tell she was fuming mad, both from the flames he could sense and the heat he could feel from her before she even got out of the stand.

"Gabby! Please don't explode, it was my fault that we bumped into each other! I wasn't paying attention! Please don't cook him. Or me," The manager shouted in a rush. He really didn't want to get on any zombie's bad side since they let him run through their side of Suburbia to do his deliveries.

"Fine! But you better not be so racist anymore Mister," Gabby grunted as she started cooling down. They looked behind them at the game and saw that everyone was looking at the three who disrupted the mood.

"Ugh, lets just get out of here, I'm sorry for running over you. If you want I can make you a pizza free of charge as an apology?" Bitey said to the soldier who was dusting himself off. The soldier sighed and said, "Sure."

The three walked away from the soccer game and into Chomper Pizza. "So you work here?" The soldier asked, looking around the diner as he took his seat. Bitey had gone behind the counter and started making his pizza.

"Yup! Only chomper who does it, and should. . ," the chomper said, muttering the last part. "So, what'll you two have on your pizza? I'll make one for me and Gabby and one for. . Uh."

"It's Corbin, I'm a recruitment scout. Not too good at it though. ." Corbin muttered, then answered the chomper's question, "I'll take. . . Wow, there's a lot on this menu, I think I'll have just a plain grass and cheese."

Bitey finished making the pizzas and the three sat down to eat. They all apologized for their behavior, Bitey for tripping over Corbin, Corbin for insulting Bitey, and Gabby for blowing up at Corbin. Then they all told stories of training and why each of them weren't fighting in the war.

"Well, I'm actually part of the war, but I just got done with my mission so I have a bit until they deploy me again," Gabby answered nonchalantly, shrugging her shoulders with a sigh.