The Society Returns

After three years of living in the parallel universe, the teens are back and they don't know how or why.

But one thing is for sure everything has changed.

Grizz's head was pounding and his eyelids were heavy, but he opened them still. When the light-flooded his eyes he shut them tightly again before slowly opening them. His limbs were heavy and he could tell that he was still in his clothes. That's when the blurry objects around him became more clear and the figures next to him cleared as well. He was in the hospital, but more importantly, his parents were asleep on the couch as if they were waiting on him to wake up from some dream. Grizz almost said something before he remembered. Everything happened so fast...

Where the hell was Sam? Where was Eden? Where was everyone? Were they still in New Ham? A million questions raced through Grizz's mind as he started to pull out the IV's and other things. He got out of the hospital bed and started to look for everyone. The first person he saw was Luke.

"Man, I thought you were dead," Luke said before they hugged one another.

"Have you seen anyone else?" Grizz asked.

"No. Are we really back home?" Luke asked.

"I don't know, but I need to find Sam," Grizz said.

"Hey! You should be lying down!" A nurse yelled as she started to walk towards them

Sam and Luke looked at each other for a second, giving a curt nod, before running in opposite directions. The nurse yelled before giving up on chasing him.

Then Grizz heard it. Sam's voice. It was something he didn't use much of anymore since he didn't need it. Most of the teens learned ASL as they were all always around Sam. It was unusually loud which told Grizz that he was worried or scared, Grizz made a sharp turn towards the voice. Sam was yelling for Eden and Grizz's location. Grizz saw him. He was fighting the doctors that were trying to keep him lying down in the bed. His eyes were closed and he was just trying to get free.

Grizz pushed past the doctors who were caught off guard by getting forcefully shoved out of the way from behind. Grizz placed his hands on Sam's face who started to fight harder. Grizz drew a symbol on Sam's chest and he immediately relaxed and opened his eyes. Grizz smiled before Sam pulled him down into a kiss which wasn't long-lived as Grizz just wanted to hold Sam. They held each other tightly. Grizz was now sitting on Sam's bed as they held one another.

After a few moments, Sam pulled back enough to be able to sign and asked, <Have you seen Eden? Or Becca? Is everyone here? Are we just lucky? What if everyone else is still there? What if-?> Grizz gently placed his hands on Sam's hands to calm him. Sam nodded and took a deep breath.

<I don't know, but I haven't been up long. I saw Luke, but then some nurse saw us and we bolted in opposite directions,> Grizz signed which made both of them laugh. Then Grizz heard someone clear their throat from next to the bed. He tapped Sam before looking over in the direction of the noise. Sam looked over too. It was Sam's parents. They both hugged Sam tightly. Sam hugged them briefly before pulling away.

<Are our friends here?> Sam signed.

<The ones you left with on the trip?> his mother signed. Sam nodded, <Yes, I think most of them are here. Cassandra isn't...> she signed. Her smile faded for a moment at the thought of her niece not being back with them, but

<Where is Becca?> Sam signed.

<I'm not sure honey> his mother signed, <We're so glad to have you back,>