Parties... Those Always Go Well

Grizz and Sam were at a party, like normal teenagers. The two lovers were currently separated as Grizz, Luke, Jason, and dickwad, as Sam and a lot of other people referred to him as, all went outside to play football like they always did at these parties while Sam was sitting inside with Becca, Allie, and Will.

"It feels like it's been forever since I've seen you," Allie said to Becca while she signed it.

"I know, but I've been scoping out colleges," Becca said as she also signed it.

"I still can't believe that some of us are graduating," Will sighed. Becca signed for Sam.

"Not all of us are that lucky," Sam signed as Becca spoke.

"Not sure if it's lucky, but eh," Becca said.

"I'm going to get a drink," Sam signed before walking off. He pushed through bodies to get to the kitchen muttering small apologies when he bumped into someone. When he got into the kitchen he grabbed a beer and started to sip on it. He thought about going back to his friends, but there were so many bodies between the kitchen and there. He decided just to mess with stuff on his phone. He texted Grizz to let him know that he needed a ride home since Campell left with some girl before shoving his phone back into his pocket.

Then he saw Clarke walking up to him with a smirk. Sam sighed heavily before looking around for anyone to help him, but somehow everyone had just decided to leave the kitchen in the two minutes that Sam was on his phone. Sam pretended not to notice him and instead continued sipping on his beer. Maybe if he didn't give Clarke the satisfaction of seeing fear in his eyes then he would just leave Sam alone.

Sam was wrong.

Clarke got in his face, "What's up fag?" Clarke asked, "Why are you even here?"

"Fuck off, Clarke," Sam said hoping his voice didn't give away his fear, but it's not like he could know for sure if it did or didn't. Clarke punched Sam. Sam held his face as he turned back to Clarke to see that he was glaring holes into Sam's skull.

"Don't," Clarke said as he held Sam by his collar before releasing him, "Grizz doesn't even like you. He told us all about how much he wishes you would just leave, so he could have some real fun. You don't deserve him," Clarke said. Usually, Sam wouldn't let Clarke's lies affect him, but with the week Sam had been having, he couldn't take it. Not to mention Sam knew he didn't deserve Grizz and it hurt that other people could see it too. He ran off from Clarke with tears in his eyes. He didn't see Grizz come in the back door and he couldn't hear anyone telling him to stop.

~~~~~~

Grizz walked inside to get a drink and to hang out with his boyfriend. He had barely convinced the shorter to come and he felt bad for leaving him to play football, so while everyone else was finishing the game, Grizz quit early.

He saw Clarke and Sam talking and Sam looked like he was about to break before he ran off with tears in his eyes. It didn't go unnoticed by Grizz that Sam's lip was bleeding and his face was bruising. Grizz didn't even think before running in the direction Sam did, glaring at Clarke when he passed him.

Grizz saw Sam run outside and followed him. He finally caught up to him when they in the front yard. Grizz grabbed Sam's arm and turned him gently. Grizz pulled Sam into a tight embrace. Grizz pressed a kiss to Sam's head as he held him. He could hear Sam's quiet crying. Grizz pulled away.

"What's wrong?" Grizz signed before he wiped Sam's tears with his thumbs.

"It's nothing, I'm fine," Sam signed as he looked at the ground. Grizz gently moved Sam's head so that he was looking at the taller.

"Sam, I know you. Did Clarke do something?" Grizz signed before cupping Sam's face again and rubbing his cheek with his thumb. Sam bit his lip and looked at their feet, not wanting to lie to his boyfriend, "What did he do?" Grizz signed where Sam could see.

"He just said some stuff," Sam lied.

"Did he give you this?" Grizz signed as he pressed a light finger to Sam's lip. A fire lit in the taller's eyes when Sam nodded slowly. 

"How long?" Grizz asked darkly as he kept a hand on Sam's face, trusting the shorter to read his lips.

"I don't know, a while I guess," Sam signed.

"How long?" Grizz repeated.

"Since we came out," Sam signed with a guilty look.

Grizz pulled his hand from Sam's face to sign, "Why didn't you tell me?" Grizz asked as his expression softened for the boy in front of him.

"Clarke is your friend and I didn't want to ruin it for you. I see how much you love spending time with those guys and I guess I just felt bad for destroying your life," Sam signed not meeting Grizz gaze as a few more tears slid down his cheeks. Grizz wiped the tears away.

"You didn't destroy my life, Sam. You saved it. You put me back together the way I thought no one could. I was broken before you and it's like your the glue that put me back together. Who cares what my parents think? They'll come around eventually, Sam. I love you. I need you," Grizz signed what he could before pulling Sam into a slow and passionate kiss.

Sam's usually soft lips were hard from the dried blood, but it didn't change anything. Grizz broke the kiss to hug the love of his life. Their kiss had made Sam's lip start to bleed again. Sam pulled away trying not to get any blood on Grizz's clothes. Sam was smiling brightly with his eyes brimming with tears.

"I love you too," Sam said before linking his hand with Grizz's.

"Let's go get that cleaned up," Grizz signed as he led Sam through to the back yard then into the back door. Finally arriving in the bathroom, neither caring to lock the door as they weren't doing anything. Grizz kept their hands locked as he grabbed some toilet paper. Grizz lifted Sam onto the counter so he could get a good look at Sam's lip. Sam flinched slightly when Grizz lightly putting the toilet paper to his lip to try and stop it from bleeding. Their kiss did a little more damage then Grizz had expected it to, "I'm sorry," Grizz signed with his left hand.

"It's fine," Sam signed half smiling.

"Hold this for a second," Grizz said before Sam held the toilet paper to his lip. Grizz started looking through the cabinet.

"What are you doing?" Sam laughed as he signed.

"Looking for ointment," Grizz signed as he continued looking.

"You're too sweet," Sam signed, "I really don't deserve you..." Sam mumbled. Hoping it was quiet enough for Grizz not to hear. Grizz immediately stopped and walked in front of Sam.

"No, you don't, you deserve better," Grizz signed.

Sam smiled brightly, "I don't think there is any better," Sam signed.

"See, you know exactly how I feel about you," Grizz signed before kissing Sam's forehead. Then Clarke opened the bathroom door.

"I'm sorry, man, I didn't know you were in here," Clarke apologized, "What happened to your lip, Sam?" Clarke asked with fake concern. Grizz didn't think twice before turning and punching Clarke as hard as he could in the jaw. Clarke then punched him back. They were now full-on fighting in the tiny bathroom with Sam failing to keep them apart. Luke and Jason ran in separating the two successfully, but still struggling to hold them back.

"Don't fucking touch my boyfriend again," Grizz growled as Luke held him back and Sam was getting toilet paper for his bloody nose.

"What are you talking about?" Clarke said accusingly, "I didn't fucking touch anyone!" Grizz charged at Clarke again knocking him and Jason to the ground. Luke pulled him off before he did any damage.

"You son of a bitch!" Grizz yelled.

"Grizz, calm down," Luke said as he struggled to hold Grizz back. Grizz was a hell of a lot stronger than he looked when he was pissed.

 When Sam noticed the struggle, he walked into Grizz's eyesight and signed for him to calm down which he did after a moment and Sam started tending to his busted nose.