Another Party

Requested by @beamerboyx (partially)

Sam was smiling and having fun. Though he wasn't much of a party person, all of his friends being there made it a lot better. Grizz had left to play beer pong with Luke, Clarke, Jason, and a few other people. Sam was hanging out with Becca, Gordie, Helena, Elle, and Allie. They were all messing around and having a ton of fun.

"I'm going to go get a drink," Sam signed to Becca who nodded in return. Sam started for the kitchen, but he never got there. He was pushing through the crowd of people when he saw them.

Grizz and Gwen were in the kitchen kissing. Sam's heart broke at that moment. No, a better description would be shattered. Sam's heart shattered into a million pieces as tears began to gather in his eyes. He couldn't breathe as his world literally stopped.

Sam dropped his drink before pushing his way through the crowd. He tried to hold in his tears as his heart ached. Grizz was the first and only person Sam had ever let himself love. Ever since that pastor told Sam not to act on his gayness, he built walls so high that he had even stopped looking at guys. Grizz tore every last one of those walls down the same way he tore apart Sam's heart. Sam couldn't hear any pleas for him to stop as he pushed himself to his car.

Sam shut his car door. He didn't let himself break down, though. He saw Grizz running out of the house. He looked frantic as did his friends. As soon as Grizz's eyes landed on Sam's car, the shorter locked the door, cranked the car, and drove. He was in no mood or headspace to talk to the man that cheated on him with Gwen of all people. Gwen was Gruzz's best friend's ex, but it seemed like Grizz didn't know what loyalty was.

Sam drove for a few blocks before his tears blurred his vision so much that he couldn't see. He pulled off into a corner of Allie's neighborhood he hadn't seen in years. He stopped his car and broke down. He cried for all the false promises Grizz had made. He cried for the plans they had for the future. He cried for knowing that of all people Grizz chose Gwen over Sam. And most of all he cried for the fact that the man he loved cheated on him.

He rested his head against the steering wheel as he tried to catch his breath. His chest ached like someone had stabbed him in the chest and every time he took a breath someone was twisting it.

He began to cry more as he wondered how long they had been together. His chest tightened as he started to wonder who all knew. Grizz and Gwen were kissing in front of the entire party, so how many people knew about all of this and still didn't tell him.

Sam let out a heartbreaking sob when he noticed Grizz had started to call him and text him. Sam took as deep a breath as he could manage while crying before ignoring Grizz's call.

Sam knew he couldn't drive himself home in his current state, so he called the one person he knew had no idea about this whole cheating thing. His blurred vision and Grizz's constant calling made it nearly impossible for Sam to find his contact, but Sam managed to call him.

Sam's screen was black, indicating that he had just woken up his brother. Sam was in too much pain to care. Sam took a shaky breath as Campbell turned on his lamp. His hair was a mess, his eyes were squinted from the sudden bright light, and he had his comforter pulled up to his bare chest.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Campbell's eyes softened at the sight of his little brother.

"Just pick me up, please. I don't want to talk about it," Sam signed before wiping his eyes and trying to stop himself from crying. Sam's breathing was shaky as tears continued to flow down his cheeks. Campbell stood up and rested his phone on his dresser.

"Yeah, I'll be right there," Campbell signed before pulling on some jeans, "Where are you?"

"I was at Allie's party," Sam signed before signing out the nearest address he saw on a mailbox.