Mitsuba x Reader

Hurt (Angst)

—————————————————————————

"Mitsuba!"

The pink haired boy turned towards me, a bit startled by the sudden loudness. Lunch had just began and all of our classmates were getting into their friend groups.

"Oh hi (Y/n)," he said. Mitsuba was a nice shy kid who loves taking pictures on his camera.

Is what people who didn't know him would say. It's more accurate to say that he is a little shit with a camera. Well, that's how I would put it.

"Pfft your hair is sticking up." He said and then laughed. I smoothed my hair out and responded "We just came from P.E, cut me some slack!" Then the both of us began to eat our lunch at look at some of Mitsuba's pictures from yesterday. He sure was talented.

"I like this one." I said pointing at the picture he took of the whole school at dusk. "The lighting is nice." He picked it up and said, "Ya I'm proud of how that one turned out."

   I looked at his face and he seemed genuinely content while looking at his work, it was a great to see him happy. "Hey since your club meeting is cancelled today, we should hang out after school." I suggested.

  "Pffft, why would you think I would want to hang out with you?" "You haven't chased me away yet, if you really wanted me gone I'd be long gone." I replied.

  ".... Whatever, what do you want to do?" He quietly said. "I think it would be a good day for us to go to that cafe down the street from school, and maybe go to the park for a bit." I suggested.

  "Ok fine by me,but what's with the sudden eagerness to hang out?" "Well Mitsuba, you are going to leave me all alone tomorrow." I said pouting.

  "Hey it was my parents idea to go take a trip up to my grandparents for the day, not me!" He said.
"Whatever... class is going to start in a few, I'll see you after school."

                               —————————-

  "Brrrr, it's so cold outside today." I said shaking the last bits of snow off my shoes. "Ya... I'd say the cafe was a good idea."

  "Ya I love the pastries and tea here." I said smiling. We went up to the counter and ordered our stuff, and then found a table to sit at while we waited.

  "Today's lecture was so boring! I would hardly pay attention." Mitsuba complained. "You were probably busy looking outside thinking of all the pictures you could take."

  "I won't confirm nor deny that." He replied. "I've known you for too long, you can't lie to me anymore." He just rolled his eyes and then our stuff came to us and we began sipping our drinks, and eating our food.

  Once we finished, we went to the park across the street and walked around. "It's so peaceful right now." I said.  "Ya it's nice."

  "Hey Mitsuba?" "Hm?" He hummed urging me to continue. "Why do you let me stick around you? I mean you could totally just not hangout with me." I said putting a strand of hair behind my ear.