Chapter 3

-Edited 29/03/2020_

*OMG! I'm updating for once! sorry for the long wait, I am in year 11 now so I have a lot on my plate so I have been trying to deal with that but I will try to make way for writing don't you worry, so I hope you enjoy!.

(Reader's pov)

"Oh no. what was that!" Flounder asked worriedly, shaking in fear of what we saw swim past the window of the ship.

I swam closer to the ship's old glass and peered out of it, searching the depths of the sea that was in front of me but saw nothing.

"Something big" I muttered in reply to flounders question. Flounder began to shake more violently at my words. Ignoring the shaking fish, I swam quickly over to Ariel who was looking at a piece of junk she found.

"Time to go" I announced snatching that thing out of Ariel's hand and throwing it away. Ariel gasped in surprise at my rudeness, her head following the item through the air.  Her head snapped back to me glaring furiously while I just stared blankly back.

"Hey! what's the matter with you! I was looking at that if you couldn't see" Ariel shouted making wild angry hand gestures at me. I rolled my eyes at her antics and grabbed her hand.

"Time to go," I said again, pulling her towards where we entered wanting to get out before becoming whatever the shadow was lunch. She wiggled in my grasp until she broke free with a huff. She backed up from me.

"I am not going now! there is still so much to see" She cried out gesturing down the hall of the ship. Her eyes lighten up at the wonder of what the ship could have for her to collect but we couldn't hang around for that, I wouldn't let her get hurt.

"No, something bad is here and we have to go" I tried to explain to her trying to get her to understand that we have to get away from the danger.

"Yeah, Ariel I saw it too! a big hulking shadow crept behind that window, it was massive!" Flounder explained, trying to help me convince my stubborn sister but she didn't believe a word.

She shook her head at us and tried to swim around me. I tried to stop her by grabbing her wrist but she flinched away.

'Is... is she scared of me?' That thought made my heart begin to hurt, I don't want her to fear me but we have to get out of here and when we do I will apologize.

"Nothing is out there! you two are just paranoid" Ariel protested flipping her hair and crossing her arms.

Ariel and I stared each other down for a bit before being interrupted by Flounder's fearful voice calling our names.

Ariel and I snap our heads over to see a big figure looming over Flounder who is shaking like there is an earthquake.

"Barnacles" I mutter.

The big figure smashed through the window and chased Flounder around the ship snapping its jaw to eat him.

Flounder raced over and slammed into Ariel in which caused her to be thrown into the wall. I swam over to them and helped them up.

"Believe me now?" I muttered to Ariel who gave me the stink eye. We heard a growl behind us causing us to turned to face a shark who was smirking at us. We all stared at each other for a bit until Ariel got the shark riled up by flipping the fish at it.

The shark came at us snapping its jaw coming millimetres away from eating up poor Flounder. We swam around the shark and was making out way down the hallway we came from but was stopped when it reared its ugly head from under the floorboards.

As we were swimming away from it, it was eating up the floorboards in its pursuit of us. Ariel's bag got caught in an upturned floorboard making her stop and turn back.

"Ariel!" Flounder shouted in worry. Seeing that she wasn't going to make it, I rushed over and before it could open it's mouth to eat her I punched the top of its head shutting its mouth and temporarily dazing it.

'Uncle Sam would be proud'

I turned back around and grabbed Ariel's hand before swimming on our way out.

We could hear it behind us seemingly more angry than before. We got to the windows we came through but Flounder in his rush got himself stuck in the window.

Ariel and I from the other side pushed him until he got through them we made our way through. The shark, unfortunately, smashed through the wall easily and chased us around until it got stuck in the ring of one of the walking man's inventions making us safe.

Ariel went to grab her bag she dropped while Flounder blew a raspberry at the shark who snapped back scaring him. He swam after Ariel and me who were already a bit away.

Ariel laughed at Flounder's reaction. "Flounder, you really are a guppy" Flounder started complaining about Ariels tease while I rolled my eyes and caught up to Ariel.

"Sorry for scaring you," I said, turning to look at her while swimming.

Ariel turned to me with a big smile "I was a bit scared but I understand now that you were trying to keep me safe if anything I was the problem" She said, looking down with a sad look.

Smiling a little, I told her it was ok and we carried on until I realized where we were going.

"Are you going to see him?" I questioned her, looking at her in the corner of my eye.

"Yes, we are going to see Scuttle. Why do you hate him so much?" Ariel asked me, turning her body towards me to see my reaction.

"I don't hate him... I just dislike him" I pointed out. I crossed my arms and turned my head away as to not look at her annoyed reaction.

I swear I could hear her rolling her eyes at my explanation "Well then why do you dislike him?" Ariel sassily asked me, turning over to swim backward while crossing her arms.

 "He's crazy" I stated, swimming ahead in order to not cop it from an annoyed Ariel.

When we did arrive at where Scuttle squawks as he welcomes us excitedly.

The seagull we were talking about was peering at us through this thing which made him think that we were far away when we weren't.

"Ah hello guys! How you been" Scuttle shouted happily until he turned looked at me.

"Ah, you brought Sebastian Jr too, what a shame" He uttered disappointed. Annoyed at being called Sebastian Jr I cleared my throat loudly which made him pull his thing down abruptly and smiled at me sheepishly "Oh hello didn't see ya there" I just rolled my eyes at him.

Ignoring me, Ariel, Flounder, and Scuttle got into a happy conversation about what Ariel found. They started going on about a 'dingle hopper' that apparently humans use on their hair. When Scuttle said the name of the thing I snorted loudly in laughter but they ignored me.

This went on for a while until one of the human contraptions reminded Ariel about the concert today which made her grab my arm and hurry us home.