Chapter 9

(Edited 15/8/20)

(Reader's pov)

"Dad" I muttered fearfully watching as dad's glaring eyes stabbed into me.

Ariel must have heard me because I heard her mutter dad's name as well behind me.

"I consider myself a reasonable merman," Dad stated firmly before coming out of the shadows with the deepest scowl I have ever seen on him. When he came out my heart seems to stutter with fear.

"I set certain rules and I expect those rules to be obeyed," Dad said in his king's voice which i watched him use to intimidate nasty council members.

I have never seen him this angry in my life. He was always such a happy go lucky person when I was growing up but I guess that stopped once mum died.

Ariel tried to explain herself but dad just kept talking "Is it true that you two rescued a human from drowning?"

"What? Do you want us to watch a poor man drown in front of us and do nothing to help him?" I yelled in protest. How dare he ask us to do something like that when a life is asking for help.

Dad snapped around with his bushy white hair following and bubbles forming at the sharp movement.

"How dare you speak to me like that!" He yells out swimming closer until we were chest to chest but I did not budge.

"You especially know the rules of my kingdom as a righteous knight but you knowingly disobeyed me! A Real knight would have let that horrible human die with nothing in their hearts beating to help," He screamed in my face, spit flying everywhere, as he slowly looked crazier by the minute.

He stopped for a minute though and sneered at me "this is all your fault isn't it" He said slowly.

"What are you talking about?" I asked coldly, glaring up at him showing how unaffected I am at this moment.

"You're the reason why Ariel has become like this! You tricked her mind into believing this nonsense and made her heart beat for a human!" He yelled out false accusations.

"Isn't this right Ariel!" Dad turned to Ariel who looked between us conflicted but did not say anything in my defence and just looked away.

"You're jealous of her and her relationship with the family because no one likes you and you can't accept that!"

My heart began to hurt painfully in my chest at his every word because I knew he was stating, at least, something that was right but what he said next ruined me.

"The reason why everyone hates you is because you aren't even their precious queen's daughter!"

The world around us seemed to stop still and quiet at his worlds. Time froze for me as my mind processed the words just uttered to me.

Me... Not even mum's child?

Is that really, why everyone ignores me even when I was a child? but everyone tells me how much I look like dad? What does that even mean for me!

I blanked out during dads and Ariel's confrontation but I snapped out of it when dad started blasting some of Ariel's human possessions. Fearing that after dad admitted his hate for me he was going to shoot me too, I swam quickly behind one of the caves walls.

When dad was done Ariel flopped to the ground crying over her destroyed human objects but mostly cried about the statue of her love dad destroyed.

Dad turned away from the scene with sad regretful eyes but those changed to hate and rage when they found my eyes.

When walking past my hiding area, dad stopped and looked at me with hate.

"Stupid bastard child of mine" He uttered before leaving.

Not wanting to even think about what those words even meant and how my whole life has been a lie, I rushed over to Ariels crying from and began trying to comfort her but she kept shaking me off.

"All of you go away!" Ariel said through tears. Flounder and Sebastian hearing her words walked away but i stayed.

Ariel noticed i was there when she sat up and tried to dry her tears and when she found my eyes, she glared at me.

Honestly, she scared me for a minute because her eyes shared the same hate and rage dad's had in his but i ignored that.

"Why are you still here? i told you to go!" She yelled at me, pointing towards the door of the cave.

"No, I'm not leaving. I'll be quiet i just want to be here in case you need some comforting" Ariel stared at me for a minute and was probably going to yell at me again but was interrupted when we heard a voice along with us in the cave.

*Oh god what now?*