Chapter 4

-Edited 1/5/2020-

(Third person Pov)

On the other side of the sea, a pair of evil calculating eyes watched the two princesses and their fishy friend swim through two yellow glowing bulbs which fuse together and turn into one white glowing bulb. The bulb was placed on a podium in the middle of the room. The perfect place for the eyes to view it from.

"Yes, hurry home, Princesses" The evil eyes spoke in a sultry voice watching the bulb intently. All you could see of the owner of the voice was a faint figure in the darkness while they sat down in their seat that was in a part of the wall that was engraved inwards to the right of the bulb.

"We wouldn't want to miss old Daddy's celebration, now would we?" They teased with sarcasm. Watching the bulb. A sudden thought comes to their mind causing them to frown and laugh loudly.

"Ha! celebration, indeed. Oh, bah!" The person reached a pale hand with bright ruby red nails into a shell that sat next to them. The shell held a group shrimp that the person has been snacking on. The shrimp shivered in fear at the approaching hand.

"In my day, we had fantastical feasts, When I lived in the palace." The hand grabbed one of the shivering shrimp causing it to whimper in fear. The arm brought the shrimp up to a pair of bright red lips which ate the shrimp with a crunch.

"And now look at me" The voice sighs. leaning into the light revealing a woman with bright red lips with a beauty mark next to them, light blue eyeshadow, short platinum blonde hair, and a tiny nose. This woman was also on the heavier side wearing a black dress.

"Wasted away to practically nothing, banished and exiled and practically starving. while he and his flimsy fish folk celebrate!" The woman swam out of her chair revealing her black octopus tentacles. She swam down in anger to where the bulb was.

"well, I'll give 'em something to celebrate soon enough." She declared, stomping towards the entrance of her lair but stopped and turned around yelling.

"Flotsam! Jetsam!"

Two eels popped out from under a ledge that was near where the woman was resting earlier like a pair of bloodhounds resting at their owner's feet.

"I want you to keep an extra close watch on this pretty little red hair daughter of his. She may be the key to Triton's undoing" The woman commanded ominously while everything around her went dark until you couldn't see her anymore, just her striking evil purple eyes.

--- In the palace of Triton---                 (Third person Pov still)

(Reader) stood near the entrance of their father's lavish throne room with flounder waiting for Ariel to be done being scolded by their father.

(Reader) glanced over to the pair seeing their father sitting on his green throne while holding his prized triton and sporting his golden crown. Next to his head was Sebastian who had the same angry look like their father.

Ariel, on the other hand, had her hands behind her back and didn't meet their dad's eyes. Their father was looking down at Ariel's slumped form with tired disappointed eyes.

"I just don't know what we're going to do with you, young lady" Their father sighed disappointingly. 

"Daddy, I'm sorry. I just forgot" Ariel claimed. She looked impatient ready to swim as fast as she could out the doors to see all her new items.

"As a result of your careless behaviour-" Sebastian in his rage interrupted "Careless and reckless behaviour!" He yelled from between the spikes of their father's crown.

 "The entire celebration was, uh-" Once again Sebastian interrupted

"Well, it was ruined! All destroyed!" He cried furiously out of their father's beard holding onto the sides to make room for his tiny form before swimming out and to Ariel.

'He's just mad that Ariel didn't come to the celebration he directed not that she put herself in danger',  (Reader)thought mentally rolling her eyes at his behaviour.

 "This concert was to be the pinnacle of my distinguished career. Now, thanks to you, I am the laughingstock of the entire kingdom!"

'Called it'

Flounder swam up to the three and tried to argue for Ariels point by explaining what happened but he accidentally mentioned Scuttle. Realizing his mistake when their father questioned about the seagull, flounder swam underneath Ariel's hair and smiled sheepishly when Ariel glared at him. 

"You went up to the surface again, didn't you?" Their father questioned staring down at Ariel with a glare.

"Nothing happened," Ariel said to try and play it off but their father wasn't havening it and scoffed at her words.

"Ariel, how many times must we go through this? you could have been seen by one of those barbarians, by one of those humans!" Their father stated while rubbing his face in frustration.

"Daddy, they're not barbarians!" Ariel argued a fire lit in her eyes being passionate about them.

"They are dangerous, do you think I want to see my youngest daughter snared by some fish-eater's hook" Their father cried.

'She isn't the youngest though', (Reader) thought irritated that her father forgot about her. She turned her head away and stared out the window.

*Reader's pov*

At this point in the argument, I zoned out. I hate how father always refers to Ariel as being his youngest because she is girly like our sisters while I am more "boyish".

A noise snapped me out of my grovelling, turning my head to where the noise was I saw the general poking his head through the door waving me over. 

The biggest smile took over my face before I could stop it by seeing him. He is the father-figure I don't get.

I snuck a peek at where everyone was arguing to see if they would notice me gone which they wouldn't as they were too busy fighting.

I swam to the door and shut it as quietly as a could. I then turned to the general and gave me a grin which he returned.

"How ya doing squirt?" He asked me while getting me into a head look ruffling my hair as well.

I laughed at his antics and managed my way of his grip.

"Nothing much" I replied nonchalant, shrugging my shoulders as well.

"Nothing much! you are a crazy kid if defeating a shark means doing nothing!" The general laughed out loud, slapping his hand on his tail.

I shrugged my shoulders again. We were there for a bit just talking and laughing with each other until Ariel slammed the doors of the throne room open and swam past with tears in her eyes.

"Sorry got to go" I apologized to the General who just nodded his head in understanding and shooed me away.

I turned away from him and swam after Ariel worried for her wellbeing.

There is never a dull moment around here I swear

-Hope you guys enjoyed and be safe with our current circumstances!-