Chapter 12

*edited 29/11/20*

(Reader's pov)

Flounder and Sebastian both swam up to the surface as quickly as they could with Ariel and i helping them.

Ariel and i broke the surface of the water with big gasps of air, our lungs greedily taking in much needed oxygen.

Flounder and Sebastian with the help of Ariel and i made our way to the coast of the island where the humans live.

 I was leaning on a rock that was sticking out of the water head down and eyes shut still trying to get air. When I did get that air and opened my eyes i saw for the first time my human limbs that human's call legs.

I brought those limbs out of the water for a closer inspection while marvelling over them.

'This feels so weird compared to my tail' I thought as I was using my human muscles to wiggle my toes.

I turned around to see Ariel doing the same thing I was doing while Sebastian and Flounder were now only calming their breath from hauling us out of the deeps of the sea.

Ariel, being so excited about her new human limbs, waved her arms like a mad woman to get my attention before wiggling her toes for me in excitement. I responded with a big smile and a thumbs up.

'I doubt she even knows what human legs are, she was never one to read books or listen to anyone's stories I suppose' I remembered all the times I sat in the library and listened to the old generals stories about life on land which is where i got all my knowledge about humans from.

"Well, look at what the catfish dragged in" An annoying voice broke me out my memories. I snapped my head to where it was coming from to see Scuttle flying in and landing on Ariel's leg.

He was looking at everyone while laughing at his own joke until he looked at me where he grimaced "Ooo you especially look like the catfish has taken too many bits out of ya while dragging you in" He snarked, all I could do in that time was glare at him.

'If only i could move these limbs, he would be dead for that'

"What, no response? lost your sarcastic responses have ya now" He Laughed loudly, mocking me with pride it would seem. Ariel  seemed to laugh silently as well at his comment before turning Scuttles attention to her.

"Look at ya, look at ya" Scuttle exclaimed " There's something different, with both of you" Ariel nodded her head with excitement, waiting for him to notice while I just rolled my eyes.

"Don't tell me" He thought for a minute which is surprising as he doesn't think a lot "I got it, it's your hairdo right? You been using the dingle hopper right?" Ariel's smile became strained while she shook her head.

"No? huh, let me see" Scuttle said while leaning against Ariel's foot. He fired multiple answers on what he thought was different still not getting the picture even when Ariel moved her leg around with him still on it.

'Oh brother, this idiot needs a hint' I looked at the ground around me until i found a small rock laying conveniently next to me. I grabbed it and chucked it at him, hitting him square in the face.

"Ow!!!" He screamed in pain, feathers falling off him in his flustered state. He furiously glared at me while holding a wing to his head.

I made a gesture for him to look down which he did hesitantly. He squawked in surprise when he did and even flew in the air.

"They traded their voices to the sea witch and got legs. geez man!" Sebastian cried in frustration at Scuttle. Scuttle flew over to him and landed on the rock he was on.