Chapter 6

(Edited 17/5/2020

*X Reader Pov*

When Ariel and I broke the surface of the water, we were met with the site of flashes of colour in the sky coming off of a massive ship I was only told about in the general's war stories when I was a child.

"Wow" Ariel gasped in amazement, she swam there motionless staring at the flashing lights with big eyes "It's wonderful.... come on let's check it out!" Ariel encouraged Flounder and me.

"Wait, Ariel!" I called out to her, grabbing her arm before she could go any further. She snapped around and glared harshly at me just waiting for me to dare oppose her.

'Pampered princess much' i signed in my head.

"We can go but we have to be careful, we don't know what will be on that thing" I urged her, glancing between herself and the ship worried. 

She seemed to think over my words and nodded in agreement. I let go of her arm and we both swam up to the ship and grabbed a hold of, climbing it to see through a little window of sorts levelled with the ground.

When we looked through we saw men with feet in weird stripped clothes dancing and using these weird instruments to make music but the weirdest thing was the big four-legged furry creature that ran all over the ship, in between the men legs too making constant noise.

 I glanced over to Ariel to see her wide-eyed looking at everything with wonder.

I smiled at the look she had until I turned back around and say the weird furry creature getting closer.

"Hide" I whispered yelled at Ariel, pushing her lightly to the side of the window to conceal her and me doing the same on the other side.

We stood like that for a little bit until I felt something wet touch the side of my face.

"Ew," I cringed, quickly lifting my hand to wipe the slime off my face. I turned my head to what caused the slime to see the smiling face of the furry creature staring at me,

"Shoo, shoo" I tried to wave it off and even resulted in trying to push it away but it was a stubborn thing I'm telling ya. It just stood there and smiling wagging its fin? at me.

"Go away you weird creature, go, get!" I heard a snicker beside me and snapped to where Ariel is to see her trying to hide her smile.

"The ruthless warrior (Reader) being beat by a furry land animal" She laughed harder. I was about to reach over and smack her but karma hit her. The creature turned away from me and licked her. This time I was the one laughing her being the angry one.

The moment was broken when a voice called out to the furry creature. The creature perked up and immediately rushed over to the owner of the voice.

Ariel and I peaked around where we were hiding and through the little window to see a man with black hair and sky blue eyes playing with the furry creature.

"So the furry creature is his pet?" I asked Ariel, not looking away from the....... slightly attractive man. I didn't hear Ariel reply to me so I looked over to her to see her making goo-goo eyes at the man.

'Oh no, this isn't good'

Before I could knock some sense into Ariel, a voice I hate interrupted us.

"Hey, there sweetie!" We turned around to see Scuttle flying to us "Quite a show here aye!"

Ariel frowned and hit the bird slightly making some of his feathers come off.

"Scuttle be quiet, they will hear you," She told him off and turned back around to look through the little window.

"Ooo I gotcha" Scuttle tried to whisper. Looking side to side like someone was watching him making me roll my eyes.

Scuttle squished between us and started talking nonsense until Ariel grabbed his beak shutting him up.

"I've never seen a human so close before," Ariel said while staring at the black-haired man who was dancing with his furry creature while using some kind of instrument. 

'All I can see is another goofy guy being a guy' I stated in my head, not understanding Ariel's crush on the man. I have been around too many guys to know that most are imbeciles,

"He's very handsome isn't he" Ariel sighed, leaning on her arms staring at the man with her goo-goo eyes. Scuttle looked from her to the scene and frowned.

"I don't know, he looks kind of hairy" Scuttle said frowning while staring at the furry creature. I snorted but quickly smacked my hand to my mouth and turned away to hide my laughter. I could feel Ariel's glare on me but she didn't say anything.

"Not that one, the one playing the snarflapt (ok I have no idea how to spell what she said so deal with that monstrosity) Ariel guided Scuttles head to where the man she was talking about.

"Silence, silence" An older gentleman appeared out of nowhere and started calming the rowdy men down while wearing fancy clothing. "It is now my honour and privilege to present our esteemed Prince Eric" When he said Prince Eric, he bowed to the Black-Haired man before continuing.

'Prince? he doesn't look like one' I thought to myself, looking at the black-haired man with his casual clothes.

"With a very special, very expensive and very large gift" The fancy old man went on and then pointed to a large object wrapped in the middle of the ship.

'How did I not see that before?' I asked myself.

The two talked to each other for a bit before the present was unveiled revealing a statue of Princey. I could see how Princey didn't like the present by the way his face scrunched up. The two talked again and Princey made his way over to us making Ariel, Scuttle, and I to hide.

The two talked about Princey getting married and bla bla bla but it started getting interesting when a storm started brewing around us.

'Now it's gotten serious' I thought to my self, turning to Ariel and meeting her eyes with my worried ones.