All My Fault

Tobias POV
As I enter the weapons lab, all I see is David towering over Tris with an armed gun aimed at her. Then it happens. I see blood puddle spread around her and I quickly grab my gun from the holder on my hip and aim at David. He is so close to Tris. I have 2 bullets. I aim at David and he dodges and it misses him. The bullet goes straight into Tris' knee. Now David knows I'm here and now has his gun aimed at me. He shots and hits me in my shooting arm. I feel the pain and feel like I'm falling and drop my gun. I need to kill David, but only have one chance. Quickly grab my gun and aim. I see David fall and the blood right where the head meets the neck. It takes all I have to run over to Tris. I scoop her up and run out of the lab. Where should we go? I know. I run. I run straight out of the Bureau and back toward home. Ignoring the pain from my arm, I run as fast as I can. I don't know if it's because of being shot in the arm, but Tris feels heavier then normal. She is starting to get a belly. That's new. She's pregnant. We are just about to exit the Bureau. Then I see him. Peter. He keeps walking toward me. Crap.
"Four."
"What do you want Peter"
"Let me help you."
"No, I got it." Now I really feel the pain from my shoulder. It stings. I grimace. Peter notices.
"Four. Let me help you. You are clearly hurting and need help. David gave me a car, let me drive you back to Chicago."
"Fine."
"Let me take Tris."
"No. I'm fine"
"You are clearly not. Look at your arm."
I look down and I see my blood pooling around my shoulder blade.
"Here. Thanks" As I hold my arms out for him to take her.
"Go find Cristina and Caleb. Meet me outside of the entrance to the Bereau once you find them. I'll be waiting."
I take off tuning to find them. My arm hurts more than before. I know where to find Caleb, but not Cristina. I run toward the weapons lab and find Caleb and Cristina. Then I see David on the floor dead, and a puddle of Tris' blood. I can't take it anymore. The stare she's in is all my fault. I drop to the floor on my knees and then the tears start to flow. Cristina and Will both turn and come to my aid.
"What happened"
"Nothing. Cristina"
"Four. I was candor. I know your lying. You never cry."
"I hurt Tris" I sound so weak. "We are going back home. She needs help."
Cristina helps me up and we run towards the entrance to the Bureau. Cristina stops at the the first aid kit by the door and grabs gauze and instant ice packs and raps my arm and takes extra for Tris. Then we leave. I see Peter and the car right outside the door. He is holding Tris. My Tris. He hands her to me and we get in the car. Peter drives and Cristina sits in the back with me and Tris in the center and Caleb in the front. Cristina hands me an ice pack for my shoulder and starts to wrap Tris' knee and her abdomen area. Once she's done, I hold Tris. She's lying on my good shoulder barely breathing and ice on my other. This is all my fault. If Caleb has gone into the weapons lab or me she wouldn't be dying right now. We see the wall and then I see someone standing in the entrance to the city with Dauntless soldiers. She looks familiar. Evelyn. One of the guards approaches Peter and tells us to turn back and than nobody is allowed in or out of Chicago and I tell him I demand to see Evelyn. She's coming.
"Who are you." Her eyes skimming the car. Stopping on me.
"Mother."
"Tobias." I hear her say shocked.
"Let us through!" I demand.
"I...I...fine but the car needs to stay out here."
"Peter you herd her. Go ahead and park."
"Right Four."
Peter parks and we all get out. He holds Tris so I can rest my shoulder. She's barely breathing. I still have the ice pack on it and we make our way toward the entrance. Home. Evelyn approaches.
"What happened"
"I'll explain later."
We start walking back toward Dauntless. Then I hear it.
"Let me come with you. Please."
I turn around.
"Fine."
"Thank you. Son."
We continue to the Dauntless infirmary and check in. They immediately run out with a stretcher and Peter lowers her on to it. Off they go with my Tris. I sit in the waiting room with mother and my fellow Dauntless and Caleb. A nurse comes out.
"Sir. Let's go look at your arm."
"No. You need to focus on her."
"She's in surgery now and won't be out for 3 hours. Come with me"
I reluctantly get up and follow her into room 6. 6, Tris' six fears. I feels the tears on my face now.
"Sir, are you alright?"
"Yes"
"Ok. Please sit on the bed."
I sit on the bed and and she helps me remove my shirt then the gauze that Cristina staled my shoulder in. This is the first time I got to look at my arm. The bullet is in there and the dried blood still remain. She fills a bucket with water and then pulls out a rag and starts to clean up my wound.
"I'm going to need to pull the bullet out. Do you want to be put under or for me just to do it? You also need stitches."
"Just do it"
She dose it and it hurts so bad. I feel the stitches she dose.
"All done. Now I'm going to wrap your shoulder in gauze and put your arm in a sling. It will help you keep it stable while it heals. You should use the sling for the next couple weeks. After that, while your awake and then you can start limited weight with sling for the next month. You should be able to return to your full range of weight and motion within the next six months. Come back to get cleared. But don't push yourself too far or you risk injuring it again and change the gauze and ice frequently."
She raps my shoulder, helps me put the sling on, gives me ice and I leave back to the waiting room. I find just Cristina there. I sit down next to her and put the ice on my shoulder.
"Where's Evelyn?"
"She went home. Said she would be back later. And Caleb went back to Erudite. Sit. How's your shoulder?"
"Fine. Cristina?"
"Yes"
"Was Tris pregnant?"
No answer. I see a small nod. This is all my fault.