s

f e e l i n g s

"I love you just a little too much"

______________________________

I stood in the boy's change room in front of my designated locker. Before putting my backpack into it, I took out my track suit and sneakers. It was currently physical education, my most dreaded period in the entire syllabus. I placed my backpack into the locker, securing it before I went to change.

Once I was dressed in the appropriate attire, I stepped out onto the open field where there were students already stretching and running around the track. I approached the bleachers on the left to see my friend Ten, seated there.

He waved to me as I got closer to the bleachers. I arrived and climbed to the top where he was seated. "Hey Ten, how's it going?" I asked him, noting the preoccupation of his gaze. I followed the direction to see our school's gardener tending to the grass along the track. "Hm?" He uttered absentmindedly.

"I said, how's it going? But I guess I already got my answer" I retorted, shaking my head at him. Just then, I looked over to the entrance to the changing rooms to see Jaehyun and Chungha walking side by side. They were talking, both displaying smiles and I felt my mood sour suddenly.

First, I had to attend this stupid curricular session which didn't give a proper grade or had a designated teacher. It was practically a free period, except you couldn't be anywhere else during this time. The good thing at least is that you're not forced to participate, you only need to attend for the grade.

By now, they've both reached the bleachers and stood at the side. "Hello Taeyong" Chungha called to me and I bow to her slowly with a small smile. Even though I don't like her, I can't be impolite. That's just not how I am. "Hey, Tae, Ten" Jaehyun greeted us.

"Oh, hey Jae, wait, who is this?" Ten asked as he finally scraped his eyesight away from the gardener to look at the two.

Chungha smiled and waved to him, "Hello, I'm Kim Chungha. I just moved back to Korea this week," and Ten smiled back. "Oh, welcome to this shithole" he replied and I elbowed him in his side for his indecent remark. "What Tae? Am I lying?" he muttered while rubbing his side.

"You're not wrong, but still..." I said nervously and looked at her with an apologetic smile. "It's okay, Taeyong, Jae has been telling me about it all" she chuckled softly and Jaehyun grinned his dimpled smile at her and shook his head.

Jae, just how close were they? Looking at him acting that way really hurt my heart. Why was he looking at her like that? I glanced down to my lap, trying to avoid staring at the unpleasant sight further.

Shortly after, Jaehyun and Chungha departed, walking in the direction of the track field to run a few laps together.

My gaze finally rose to follow his back, watching as he walked away. Getting lost in his form, and drowning in the curves of his perfect proportions. "It's kinda odd for her to transfer when we're about to graduate, don't you think?" Ten questioned me, breaking me away from my trance.

"I don't know? Why are you asking me that?" I snapped at him, my voice coming off more annoyed than intended. "Oh sorry, who pissed in your cheerios today?" he raised a questionable brow at me. I clicked my teeth in annoyance, rolling my eyes.

Just then Yuta came, sitting on the bench in front of us "what are you guys talking about?", which Ten replied, looking at him. "The new girl."