alt. end

d e t e n t i o n

"Pretending everything's alright is detention."

Note: this is an alternative ending for those who want a "happy" ending.
______________________________

Taeyong stared at himself in the mirror, smoothening the lapels of his metallic red jacket. He was fully decked in his prom attire and relieved that Jaehyun had selected the one he liked.

"Tae, hurry up!" Yuta called outside his bedroom. Yuta and Ten came down from their dorm as they had agreed to go as a group. On the way they would meet the others who were also going.

"Coming!" Taeyong shouted back and quickly styled his hair as best as he could manage. He then collected his phone and ticket from his study desk before switching the lights off and heading out of his room.

There he could see Yuta and Ten dressed in equally formal suits. As he came closer they both stood up from their seats at the couch. "Wow, Tae. Way to put me to shame." Yuta scowled causing him to chuckle. "Nuh-uh. You look great." He said which made the Japanese boy grin widely.

"You too, Ten." Taeyong said as he turned to the said boy. "Of course, you don't need to tell me." The boy boasted.

They then left Taeyongs dorm room and headed for the stairs to meet Winwin and Jaehyun downstairs like they agreed.

Once they arrived downstairs, Taeyong saw his long-time crush and the boy who had also told him he loved him too, a few days ago. He felt that it was all a dream. He couldn't believe that it really happened and it made him feel shy all over again.

They hadn't told anyone else about their relationship, not even their friends, since they weren't ready for the interrogation. Also they didn't want others to see them differently.

As they walked up to the two boys who leaned on the wall next to the exit, he saw Jaehyun had worn the navy blue tux that Taeyong complimented him about. Honestly, Taeyong thought they all looked great on him but he felt especially smitten with the younger wearing that piece.

"Winwin!" Yuta immediately jogged to stand beside Winwin, leaving the other two behind. Ten tutted and shook his head at the sight of Winwin was now desperately scraping him off of his arm.

When Taeyong stood directly in front of the younger, Jaehyun gave a stellar smile. "Tae, you look great." He said quietly, but Ten had heard him with his vulturine senses. "Hey Jaehyun, what does that make the rest of us?" He snickered, enjoying the uncomfortable expression the boy had on his face.

Taeyong turned around to the Thai boy who had his arms crossed, "I thought you said we didn't need to tell you that you looked good." He muttered to which Ten laughed. "I was only teasing Jae, unless you're now his defender." Taeyong laughed awkwardly, feeling slightly embarrassed.

They all proceeded towards the schools main building, entering and heading to the auditorium. Taeyong and Jaehyun walked side by side a few inches behind their friends. Inside, they could see silver and gold streamers decorated the walls of the hallway until they found themselves in front of the huge double doors of the auditorium.

They spotted some of their classmates ahead of them which Yuta greeted before they opened the hefty doors to walk inside. The previously inaudible music was now echoing through the hallway of the school, bouncing off the walls and inviting them inside.

Taeyong grappled at the seams of his trousers. He began to feel self conscious wearing such uncomfortable clothing and seeing so many people inside. He inhaled deeply, as his eyes shifted from place to place, avoiding staring directly at anyone in particular. Jaehyun looked towards him, noting the look of panic and placed a hand on the olders shoulder and leaned close to his ear, "you look great, don't stress it" he said lowly.