i

p a t t e r n s

"I'm in your bed, she's in your head. We're different."

______________________________

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. This has never happened before. I was usually up before it would go off. My eyes flickered open, feeling blinded by the intrusive lighting slipping through the curtains of my bedroom.

I attempted to sit up and was shocked at how sore my entire body felt. Oh right, I felt a heat surfacing over my face. I can't be upset at how wrecked I feel because in fact, I enjoyed it thoroughly. Making Jaehyun angry seemed to have been worth it even if it wasn't intended. Is it weird of me to want to do it again?

I made my way over to my dresser to grab my outfit for the day. I struggled to keep standing, feeling my legs wobble from exhaustion and leaned onto the dresser for support. If it was so hard to get dressed for school, how would I even be able to get there? I waited for a while, summoning all the strength I had left to push off of the surface and stand upright.

I grimaced when I took a step forward but continued with determination to get to the bathroom, at least before resting again. Once I entered the bathroom, I locked the door behind me and faced the wall mirror to take in my appearance.

I looked like I hadn't slept despite getting a full-eight-hours. I lifted my shirt over my head and slipped my boxers down. My eyes went wide when I saw the blotched skin imprinted on my hips. I trailed a finger along it, only to wince from the sensitivity.

A quivering smile appeared on my lips. I gazed at the blooming mottled blemish adorning my skin, with content. These marks were like a well earned reward. While temporarily discomforting, they were proof that I did well, and that Jaehyun enjoyed it so much.

They held the memory of our intimacy and I wished they would stay forever, never fading. So that I could relive that moment forever, without anyone else knowing. Because it was none of their business anyway. I'm okay with these moments only being remembered by the two of us - our little secret.

With purposeful movements, I shuffled to the shower and turned on the hot water, hoping to at least soothe the aches in my muscles enough to allow me to walk without much force. I tried to go as fast as I could before the time first period would begin, caught up on me.

After taking up most of the morning getting dressed, I finally went into the kitchen to look after some breakfast.

Lucas was seated at our small table and greeted me when I walked out, "Hey Tae, you look wrecked. Didn't get enough sleep last night?" I opened the fridge taking out the bread and deli meat to make a quick sandwich so that I could head out. "Mm" I answered, not wanting to come up with another excuse.

I set off to the school building with enough time to walk as slowly as needed. I figured the best way to avoid drawing attention was to walk slower instead of limping to my classroom.

Eventually I made my way inside the main building. I went to climb the stairs to head towards my homeroom class but once I noticed the flyers along the wall I immediately went to it instead.

It was a colourful flyer, many more were posted along the walls of the school. It basically stated prom was coming in a few weeks. Tickets were apparently cheaper if you went as a couple, otherwise, it was excessively overpriced. I mentally cursed at the cost. I could use that money to buy myself a good pair of shoes.

I wondered briefly if they would consider friends going together as a couple then shook my head from the silly thought. A thought then crossed my mind. Would Jaehyun want to go? Even if he did, how would I ask him to go, together? Should I even bother? I don't even like crowded places.