A Dance

I'm sorry for the weird change in format for this chapter. I don't know what happened. ( ._.)

Also I'm sorry if Russia seems alittle OOC (out of character) or if i make some stuff up. (No one knows what really happened so you can't blame me. (you'll know what I'm talking about when you read it.))

~~~~~~~~~~~

Ivan woke up a few hours later to the smell of burning food. Nina was trying to cook again. He slowly got up and went down to the kitchen. Standing in the doorway, there he saw Tula frantically trying to make food.

"How about you just let me do cooking from now on, da?"

"Don't just appear out of nowhere!"

"Why not? It's so much fun, da!"

"Not when you have small heart attacks from being creeped  up on!"

"Okay then," he said as he began to clean up her failed attempt and cook some real food.

When he was done they ate. They ate in a weary silence. The awkward tension of not knowing how to communicate with each other after their little episode making the air thick. Ivan didn't know how she would react to him now. Would she act the same or did she have a change in heart? A mixture of the both? Is a mixture even possible?

"So," he began, not finishing his sentence after a few moments of heated silence, "how is meal?"

"It's good, spasibo."

"You are very welcome."

Minutes pass.

"Uuummmm........," Tula starts.

"Da?!" Ivan looks to her for her reply.

She waits and sputters, "It's...n-nothing." She gets up from the table with her empty plate, takes it to the sink and washes it. She then turns and exited the kitchen, leaving Ivan alone by himself.

He finishes his meal and dose the same. He heads up the stairs to go to her room. When he gets there she is nowhere to be found within the room, along with her violin case. So he heads back down the stairs and makes his way to the "ball room" (it's a fairly large house, you should know this). There he finds Nina on the stage big enough for a small orchestra and grand piano. Setting across from where she's settled in the first chair with her eyes closed is his Cello. She doesn't noticed he has come in.

He sits down in the first cello seat. It struck him instantly what she was playing (the song from the music box). Knowing this he picked up his Cello, tightened his bow, and began to play with her. She was startled at first and looked up to see who was playing. Noticing now she continued to play.

The song finally came to the end and they stopped playing.  They sat in silence once more. Ivan looked  around not knowing what to do. His eyes feel upon an old record player. Instantly he got up knowing what he wanted to do. Tula looked at him in confusion,  wondering what he was going to do next.

He went straight to the record player and turned it on. Then he went back to Tula.

"You may have dance, da."

With that he took her hand and lead her to the ball room floor. Her right hand in his left, her left hand on his shoulder, his right hand on her waist. They were ready to dance, yet Tula had a sour look on her face as they started.

Ivan took the first step to began the dance. Tula stumbled forward awkwardly. So they stopped, an embarrassed look on her face as she turned her face to the floor, pink dusting her cheeks.

"What is wrong," Russia asked.

She mumbled a reply not looking at him.

"What?"

She didn't reply this time, still not looking at him.

"Tell me please."

Looking up at him she said, "I don't know how to dance."

"Hey, just fallow my lead, da."

So, they began to dance. Twirling and Spinning. Spinning and Twirling. Around and around the room. That is, for about five minutes until Tula steps on Ivan's foot and they fall over! Ivan landed on top of Tula. Their noses nearly touching, eye's staring into each others. The moment couldn't have been more awkward.                                                                                           "Ummm.......Ivan?" Nina asked.

Ivan was still registering that he was being spoken to, he answered slowly, "...Da......,".

"Could you get off me please?"

Ivan keeped staring blankly into her eyes, slowly he replied again, "......Oh......,".

Russia's scarf slid off his neck and shoulders as he got off of her. Instantly he got shocked back to reality with it gone. Hurriedly he tried to put the scarf back on before she could see, but it was to late.

"Ivan why is your neck wrapped up?"

"Blin," Ivan quietly cursed under his breath. He didn't answer her as he sat on the floor next to her. His wrapped neck exposed.

"Ivan why is your neck wrapped up?"

"It is nothing," he looked sorrowfully away, starting to put the scarf back on.

"No it is," she said as she got closer to him. She stopped him from putting it back on and began to remove the bandages that had been placed around his neck. There she's could see scars. Scars that wrap around his neck then lead to his shoulders. She didn't dare remove anymore clothing. 

"What happened," she asked once more.

"I said it is nothing," he replyed blandly. He stared off to the other side of the room. It wasn't something he wanted to talk about.

"But it is," she stated.

"Nyet," he said starting to act like a child.

"Ivan!"

"Nyet," he whined, "I don't want to say," he paused, "I don't want to relive what happened." The room became dramaticly quite. Nina stopped and sat next to Ivan, her head in her knee's.

Slowly Ivan heard weeping. "Fine," she said, "don't tell me."

He looked down at the huddled and slightly shaking form next to him. She was so small compared to him. He looked back up. "When I was younger country, the mean kids would pick on me. One day the Mongolians and Teutonic Knight teamed up on me. The Teutonic Knight had managed to get rope around my neck, then the Monolians got me into nearby tree. I hung there gasping for breath as they left, trying to call out to General Winters. He didn't hear me. A few hours later Ukraine found me and got me down." 

He looked back down at Nina. She was looking back up at him with big watery eye and a whimpering frown on her face. She sniffeled, "That's so sad. I'm sorry, you didn't have to tell me," She looked back down at her knee's. 

He turned to her on his knee's facing her, he put his hands on her shoulders and made her look in his eyes, " Don't cry. It happened such a long time ago. There is nothing to be sorry about." All of a sudden she wrapped her arms around him, forcing him to sit. She then climed into his lap and sobed into him, giving him a hug. "It is okay Nina," ha said rubbing her back,"You must be tired. How about you go to bed."

With that he picked her up, with his scarf and took her to her room. He layed her on her bed. Told her good night as he left the room, turning off the lights. He then went to his own room and went to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you guys really like this chapter! A lot of the other chapter where kind of short so I made this one longer. Next chapter will go back to Tula's (Nina's) perspective. As you guys can tell it looks like Tula doesn't hate Russia as much anymore but who knows something might happen......... (No Spoilers!!!) ^(>w<)^