Prologue

Stomp

Stomp

Stomp

I was running fast, not sure where I was going but I just had to get away. The bad man was closing in and it was getting harder and harder to keep space between us. I darted through the trees using my height to my advantage as I ran below the trees.

I heard his feet getting closer and closer to me. My side was starting to hurt as I had been running for a while now. All I could think about was the pain I was in.

I could barely breathe from the amount of pain I was in. Every step I took was getting harder and harder. My feet were aching and I was so tired, I started to slow down but I remembered I couldn't, I had to keep going.

I remembered something my mom had told me. She said 'work hard but think harder'. At the time it hadn't really made sense but right now was the perfect time to use this. I looked around for something to hide in and all I saw were trees.

Come on

Come on think, think

I started running and suddenly I got an idea, I ran to one of the biggest trees I could find and saw a small hole at the bottom of it. I stuck my feet inside and lowered myself down. I kept my head down not trying to be stuck in there and covered the rest of myself that was visible.

His loud footsteps were getting closer and closer to my hiding spot. He was in the area I was, but he didn't know where I was.

"Where are you mi amore", he questioned.

"I just want to talk", He said I saw him turn around in circles trying to find me. He looked up in the trees to see if I had climbed but found nothing. It was kinda funny. I looked around at my hiding spot to see if there was a place I could run to if things went bad and I had to leave my spot, but I couldn't find anywhere. I was surrounded by the woods and to get to the nearest road I would have to go back to the place I ran from.

I looked around and realized that the bad man wasn't in the same spot as before.

Suddenly I was lifted out of the hole and found it getting harder to breathe as the man was cutting off my airflow. I thrashed around, kicking and hitting to get out of it but he was too strong for me. I was suffocating.

"Found you petite souris, why did you run from me I was just trying to play a game", His crusty voice spoke. He was so close I could feel his breath on my ear.

"L-l-let me g-go", I croaked. I clawed at his hands trying to loosen his grip but it was no use.

"I'm going to do to you what I did your parents", He said.

It was the last thing I heard before everything went black.